• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
So today I set up 3 more 55's.

Yesterday I picked up 3 aqueous opti + lights
And a 30 gal tank.

I am using some of my old fluorescent lights and some led lights.

I need to get some lids on the tanks too.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Got a few lids for the 20's and 55's shipped to me today.
I also ordered 3 more Optibright + lights today.
Between the old ones and the 6 new LED lights, I should be good for a little while.
I plan moving a few fish this weekend and trying to drill some more 10's too. See if I can stop cracking them. If I break more, I will just stop drilling for now.

I still need some 40 longs but they don't seem readily avail. I wanted the 4foot long for a couple breeder groups. I may have to settle for 30's for now. I have to hurry and
get them drilled.

Besides I borrowed that drill and need to get it back to the owner before she gets mad at me. I've had it a month or longer now I think.

Major problem with water delivery system.

Dang, thats some tough luck. You think it was the heat stress, or just driving the plugs in too far?

Everything else continues to look great though, good color skeems, and everything looks fresh and vibrant. What kind of lighting are you using for the tanks?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Dang, thats some tough luck. You think it was the heat stress, or just driving the plugs in too far?

Everything else continues to look great though, good color skeems, and everything looks fresh and vibrant. What kind of lighting are you using for the tanks?

I think I ran them in too far and the heat was the last straw. Lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member

I have a combination of old and new.
There are 6 Aqueon Optibright + lights they I just bought.
There are several other Aqueon LED's too.
The rest are my old fluorescent 4 foot lights.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The plan is all optibright + in the room but that's a lot of $$$$.
The nice thing is that the 6 all sync with one remote.
So far I love these things. Thanks A AndyNarwhal for showing me these at catcon.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yep. The lines are only in the room so far. Want to finish the room first before hooking it up.
Man if they had split while hooked up??? What a mess it could have been.