Looking for some dwarf sag specifically. Setting up a desktop shrimp jar (low tech). Not looking for anything grown with CO2 as I won’t be able to provide it. Happy to grab off a porch. Looking for near DC (I’m in Brentwood, MD). Thanks!
Hi I purchased this cichlid at a pet store as a Uaru ($25.99) it is about 1.5 to 2 inches in size. Cant tell you how long I been trying to get my hands on a Uaru wanted more than one but when I saw this one and it was labeled Uaru I didn't hesitate, that may have been my first mistake but hopefully not. Any way the reason that I am having doubt is because of the blue eyes and the blue developing on the underside of the cichlid. I have not seen any pics of Uaru displaying this color, so am I right its not a Uaru or am i mistaken and it is? Thank you so much for any help. Hope the pics are good enough to help, he wouldn't sit still...lol
Looking for 2-3 inch juvenile Central American cichlids (convicts need not apply- the fish that is ) to trade for this giant anubias. It may come with little benign algae eating snails.
I live in Silver Spring MD.
Hi everyone. I hope this post is easy to understand as I try to describe what I was thinking/what my questions are. Here goes nothing...
1. Have a really nice Frontosa (Pic. 1 ) maybe 3.5-4 inches. Really want to try breeding. Been looking for a female.
2. Go to HOT today and they have a tank full of I would say 5-6 inch that are all looking great. I almost walked past when I saw they were $100 but then something caught my eye. Could it be? Could some of these have egg tubes down...(Pic 2.)
3. Look up Frontosa with egg tube down and come across a thread on Cichlid Forums with a picture that looks EXACTLY like this (Pic 2 and 3.) Get super excited and buy it...get yelled at by gf.
4. Get "her" home...we'll call her.. her for now and I let her chill for a few hours in a 40 breeder...then...add in my guy.
5. So now they are getting to know each other...it goes back and forth between agressive biting then just hanging out together (Pic 4.) From chillin to If I see you on my side of the tank it's on. They are both definitely interested in each others....parts...
Did I do this completely wrong and am gonna end up with 1 floating when I wake up or what...is there a special method for introducing Frontosa to potential mates? If wanting to breed is your only option to buy 8 and put them all in together and see what happens? I don't really have the resources for that so trying to do what I can. Any opinions would be great. I'll put some pics below.