• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania - Please Volunteer

Where Would You Like to Volunteer at AquaMania?

• Children's Activities and Aquarium "Genius" Table (Team Lead: Need a Volunteer)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hospitality (Team Lead: Samantha)

• I'm Attending AquaMania But Not Planning to Help

• Total voters

dogofwar

CCA Members
Approaching 600 views....

How would YOU like to help?

A brief overview of the areas in which we need volunteers:

- Registration (Team Lead: Christine / chriscoli): Assembling and handing out goody bags, setting up and staffing registration table, maintaining registration list, collecting registration $, answering questions, etc. Registration starts on Friday PM and goes through Sun.

- Aquarium Beautiful Competition (Team Lead: George Cowan, Frank Cowherd, Arlene Wagner): Starting on Friday night, preparing the Hilton Lobby for Aquarium Beautiful Competition participants to bring their tanks, set them up in the correct locations, add / remove water, plug things in safely, etc. Also, ensure participants tear down entries safely on Sunday. Collect and count entries to the competition. Determine winners and give out awards at Saturday Award Ceremony.

- Children's Activities and Aquarium "Genius" Table (Team Lead: Samantha and Marc S/Wblaze): Starting on Saturday, plan and provide activities and information resources for the general public, including a (brief) how-to-set-up and maintain a fish tank class and other activities for kids and beginning hobbyists. Staff the Aquarium Genius (Answer) table to be able to respond to questions. Provide information about CCA.

- Give a Kid a Tank Contest (Team Lead: Samantha and Marc S/Wblaze): Receive shipment of donated tanks and supplies from vendors (at the Hotel), coordinate and store decorations, plants and fish for kids to set-up tanks, Set-up tables, display and (empty) tanks for the contest, greet kids in the contest, oversee tank set-up, tear-down and removal by kids and their families.

- Hospitality (Team Lead: Samantha / golsama): Assist with setting up Hospitality Suite on Saturday night and providing snacks and refreshments during the event. Assist with Aquarium Beautiful Awards Ceremony on Saturday afternoon and with other tasks as needed.

- Rare Fish Silent Auction (Team Lead: Mike O'Shea / discusnafricans): Organize and run the rare fish silent auction including picking up donated fish from the airport and/or participants, planning for temporary storage of fish, setting up mygroupauctions, running the auction process, bagging fish, etc. The auction is on Saturday

- Sunday Marketplace (Team Lead: Jon Clark, Frank Cowherd): Assist vendors, including those who are exhibiting on both Sat and Sun, find their tables, ensure layout of Marketplace room is set up by hotel per plan, hang banners and information correctly, ensure tear-down is complete, respond to issues before and during Marketplace.

- CCA Table at Sunday Marketplace (Team Lead: Mike O'Shea): Set-up, organize and organize table in Sunday Marketplace at which CCA members who don't have their own tables can sell, including mygroupauctions process, collecting and tracking money, etc.

- Security and Crowd Control (Team Lead: Prince): Work with hotel staff to ensure security of Aquarium Beautiful Displays, work with Registration to ensure appropriate entry to speakers, marketplace, etc. Organize buyers and other participants in marketplace, ensure that lobby and other areas are free from trip hazards and other risks.

- Speaker and AV (Team Lead: Tony and Jason C): Assist with set-up and tear down of AV equipment, travel and transportation of speakers and other speaker and speaker presentation logistics.

- Ad Hoc Assistance (Team Lead: Jon Clark): Perform needed tasks like decoration, tear down, filling in for no-shows and other tasks as needed.

THANKS to those who have stepped up and helped their club pull off our event!

PLEASE HELP to those who have not...

Matt

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Just something that could help the leads for each task.

If you volunteer for a specific task, please PM the listed project leader so they can coordinate future correspondence up until the event.

For instance, I will plan to email the people who will be helping me, because I'm nearly always available via email or phone, but I only have a few minutes on occasion to spend time on the forum.

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far! Its time to step up and show pride in your club.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Good call, Mike.

Yes - THANKS to everyone who has volunteered and also to the folks working behind the scenes to make AquaMania a success.

For members who haven't volunteered, your fellow members will have to take up your slack. Which isn't cool...

Matt

Just something that could help the leads for each task.

If you volunteer for a specific task, please PM the listed project leader so they can coordinate future correspondence up until the event.

For instance, I will plan to email the people who will be helping me, because I'm nearly always available via email or phone, but I only have a few minutes on occasion to spend time on the forum.

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far! Its time to step up and show pride in your club.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Over 640 views...

Folks - YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU

Not sure what else to say other than that we designed this event to be as easy on our club as possible. Imagine if there was a fish show or an all day auction... And whether we can get an adequate number of club members to help (and REGISTER) will determine whether we hold events in the future.

So please register and sign up to help.

An hour or two of your time will prevent a handful of your fellow members from spending the entire convention volunteering...

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks to the couple more folks who have volunteered... although one is the President of PVAS and the other isn't even a member.

Come. On. Folks.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks for volunteering gravel digger!

We've hit 750 views...

Not sure what else to say other than that I'm pretty disappointed that more folks aren't volunteering for the event that our club is hosting...

Matt

marge618

CCA member
Samantha has volunteered to serve as Lead for the Give a Kid a Tank Competition.

Thanks Sam!

Matt
Would like to help Sam with Give A Kid a Tank

Would also like to help with: Children's Activities and Aquarium "Genius" Table (Team Lead: Need a Volunteer)
but the poll only allowed me to vote for one activity.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Great - thanks Marge. Sam's leading both...

Matt

Would like to help Sam with Give A Kid a Tank

Would also like to help with: Children's Activities and Aquarium "Genius" Table (Team Lead: Need a Volunteer)
but the poll only allowed me to vote for one activity.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks much to Terrell and Marge, as well as everyone who has already volunteered.

We really can't do something like this without the help of the membership. Matt has already done so much behind the scenes (sponsors, venders, schedule, promotions...), it's truly incredible.

As Matt stated earlier, club participation (both in attendance as well as volunteering) will certainly weigh heavily on the board's decision to do this event next year. Please step up and do your part. An hour or two helping out is not going to ruin your convention experience.

Still need a couple of folks to fill the important roll of airport pickup/dropoff.

It looks like both Ken and Ad will both be arriving at BWI around the same time on Friday evening. If someone could help us out with that, it would be huge. Really, I can't imagine a more exciting car ride, than having two world-class speakers in your car for 30-45 minutes. Someone jump at this!

Cheers to everyone who's already stepped up. Keep up the good work.

Thanks in advance. :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - thanks Manuel for this (and also for volunteering before).

I think that Ken is bringing a box of fish, so please plan for space accordingly.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
For club members who haven't volunteered and/or registered, please do so.

Helping at the registration table...or at the Aquarium Genius Table...or helping with Kids Activities...or the Marketplace...or whatever...for an hour or two...could actually be fun and a great way to meet fellow members and other fishkeepers who attend.

While viewing activities in the lobby are free, you will need to register to see the speakers, take part in the Aquarium Beautiful Awards Ceremony (free food), buy in the Rare Fish Silent Auction, take part in the Hospitality Suite or get early entry to the Sunday Marketplace.

Think about the cost of bringing in world-class speakers and having meeting space and a free reception in a nice hotel. Now divide by $30...and you'll understand why your club needs your support to register and to volunteer...

By the way, we're over 900 views and under 20 volunteers (out of nearly 200 members).

Matt