• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I lost my breeding group last year and this is my last group of grow outs for the ruby's.
I noticed him in the grow out when I was bagging for the BFD. Decided he was worth
holding on to. Now he just needs a tank so he can get to work. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I took down some tanks from the temp holding area on Saturday.
Not sure if there will be interest in tanks or not.
They are def not show tanks. Most are old.
All are painted and will need to be cleaned.
All held water when last checked... Most 2 days ago LOL
Will put them in the classified section soon.
I think I have
5 55 gallon tanks + 1 that needs center brace
2 30 gallon tanks
3 20 high
1 40 breeder
at this point.

soon will be a couple 40 longs and 33 's

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I really need to get back to building the rest of the stands for the room.
I still have 5 4foot tanks running in the temp housing area. No place to put
them in the fish room.

I've spent the last month working on stuff outside for the deck and yard. Time to
get back on it.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks.
I hope to put a smaller stand next to it to house a bunch of smaller tanks.
Not sure if it's going to fit. I made that last stand a little wide so the 4 foot tanks would slide in easy.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Ordered a few tanks this weekend. Installed the plug strips on the back for the new stand. I picked up come lift tubes at the ACA for the tanks and have some smaller sponges too for them.

I hope to have the new tanks this week so I can drill, paint, plumb, and set up.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
On a side note.

People always worry what to do with their fish on vacation... Each year there are posts on this subject.

I just got back from a 9 day trip which included the ACA convention.
The week before I went I did a major water change on all tanks.
I turned off all lights the morning I left.
I fed everyone well the morning I left and then left the State.

Returning 9 days later I first turned the lights on and checked the tanks.
I fed everyone and tried to look over for any sign of stress or dead fish.
To the best of my knowledge I lost 1- inch long pleco that was in a tank by himself.

I am not bragging but stating what I consider to be a fact.

It is better for them to go with no food than to have someone overfeed them for you.

I have done this for the last 10 years or so.
I know one day I may will come home and find a bunch of dead fish because of something that I could not predict but it wont be from overfeeding. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
That empty stand now has tanks on it and filled with fish. My new Optibright+ lights came yesterday so they are now on and lit.
I need to take 4 more old tanks down now in the temp storage area. I think there is one pleco left in one of the tanks.
Now the job of getting rid of all of them and the temp stand.

FishEggs

them new lights sure do sparkle. Shouldn't be hard to get rid of the temp housing. Just raffle them off at the BBQ. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
them new lights sure do sparkle. Shouldn't be hard to get rid of the temp housing. Just raffle them off at the BBQ. LOL
Lol. I thought about posting some of the 55's or 40s but not sure with the weather and cooking that morning.
No time to clean them. Would have to be as is.