• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member

I caught one egg last night.
This is the grow out tank with another 50 fish in it. They stayed away. Lol
I had just fed the tank so you will see crap floating around some.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
172A184F-7C69-4846-9F4B-2419F85F9810.jpeg Okay so next step is installing the filters to use during water changes.
I moved the storage and took shelves down first.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
E8FDA32F-05B6-4B04-B6FE-C6CB5DEF278E.jpeg B06330E9-8D3A-4507-B08E-7442B281DCE4.jpeg FC68B566-C440-4885-9893-9C5BD363C3B8.jpeg 408345EE-A4F7-48CF-B9A0-3369631BC74F.jpeg Then I had a family friend come over and work on it. We are not done yet but most of the way there.
The lines are hooked into the house and the pre-filter is hooked into the line.
Next weekend the other filter will go in and then will be hooked to the pvc that I have above each tank.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You will notice 3 initial lines. I have 1 hot and 1 cold going to a mixing valve. The other one is cold and skips the mixing valve for this time of year.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
9A53D2F4-C485-4BCA-9E6F-72FC9D8D0BAB.jpeg Once I get it all hooked up then I can see how many leaks I have in my fishroom pvc. I am not sure how well I glued it with all that paint. May be a little repair needed. Lol
I also got all my valves in today and am cutting hose to get the water down to the tanks.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
HA! Fishrooms are not an overnight thing, but you've been making awesome progress!
Thanks. I just was not confident with doing this part myself. I kept having dreams of not having water for the rest of the house and
not being able to get a plumber for a week. LOL

FishEggs

Thanks. I just was not confident with doing this part myself. I kept having dreams of not having water for the rest of the house and
not being able to get a plumber for a week. LOL
You can get a plumber at a moment's notice. Even on Christmas. You just have to empty out your retirement savings to pay them. :eek:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You can get a plumber at a moment's notice. Even on Christmas. You just have to empty out your retirement savings to pay them. :eek:

Yeah,
I know 2 plumbers but they are not always available on a moments notice. I have been talking to this one for over 2 years about the project. He graduated high school with my daughter and hangs with my son at times. I am just getting to this part of the project so he had time now.
2 years ago I woke up to a leaking water heater and this one was not avail but the other one was. LOL I was lucky that time.

Hopefully I will be ready to test the water by next Monday if all works out.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I wish I had more time. I love plumbing and I work cheap...but alas, I’m super busy with other stuff at the moment.

You are doing great. I’m excited to see it come together and love how well you are documenting it.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I tested and have multiple valve leaks. I don’t know if I should try to tighten more or not. Last time I did that they all cracked. A little frustrated.

I did drain one tank and fill through the set up and the fish are doing fine so far. I did 2 water changes each being about 80%

FishEggs

Did you use teflon tape on the threads? Pipe dope might work better. Before trying to tighten them more put a hose clamp on it to keep it from cracking.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I did tape on some of them. Some of those seem to be dripping too.
The pvc that cracked before were fine when I put them up. They popped later when the room temperature got Up too high.
Let me find the vid.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I also put in a camera so I can check the room while away. I know some of you have that already.

FishEggs

I did tape on some of them. Some of those seem to be dripping too.
The pvc that cracked before were fine when I put them up. They popped later when the room temperature got Up too high.
Let me find the vid.

You would leave the hose clamps on permanently so they never crack.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You would leave the hose clamps on permanently so they never crack.
hmm. not the look I am going for. LOL

I went through and tightened by hand Sunday night.
That eliminated 80% so far. I did another test last night.
More to play with.
I figure once I get another 25 hoses hooked that there will be less pressure too. May help.
But now I am encouraged that I may actually get it done some day.