• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
A very rich blue, but will look good with the tanks. Coming along very nicely! Great job!
I don't know if it will work but as mentioned earlier somewhere, I plan on painting the pvc the same color. I want it to blend into the
walls. I chose the color of the wall paint to match the spray paint for the pvc as close as possible. We will see.
I also am painting the backs of the tanks that color too.
Hoping that way the fish will stand out.
The only other color will be the wood stands which will be stained dark.

I had planned on painting the ceiling the same color but the wife talked me out of it. Thinks it will be too dark in there.

chriscoli

Administrator
I can't wait to see it finished. Are you painting the PVC or using the dye that you put into the clear PVC primer?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I can't wait to see it finished. Are you painting the PVC or using the dye that you put into the clear PVC primer?
I am spray painting the white pvc. Only what is outside of the tank.
Not what goes in the water.
Or that's the plan so far. We will see.

Back in May or June I spray painted a 2 foot long piece and put it out on my deck. Its been in the heat, sun, and rain since then
to see if it would hold up. So far so good.

I just figure it will all blend in better than white pvc on dark blue walls.

FishEggs

I almost didn't believe you had it done. Then i saw the pictures. :)
Looks good but aren't those electric wires supposed to be on the other side of the sheet rock?

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I almost didn't believe you had it done. Then i saw the pictures. :)
Looks good but aren't those electric wires supposed to be on the other side of the sheet rock?

Depends on how he plans to mount them/use them. I like mine in the wall, but I've seen people mount them many different ways. A great idea for a fish room would be to mount them in the ceiling or up high on the walls to avoid the water. This isn't always possible, though, and with GFCI, it's not really that necessary.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Started painting the small pvc parts Also drilled and tapped some of the large pvc for the valves.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
This weekend pissed me off. I could not be outside to spray paint the pvc.
I don't want to spray that much in the house so I did not get much done.
I managed to drill about 60 holes and buy my stuff for the air but other than that not much happened between the
rain on Saturday and the wind yesterday.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Oh, and the Ravens lost ;)

But that sounds like a lot of progress in the fishroom to me!

Matt

This weekend pissed me off. I could not be outside to spray paint the pvc.
I don't want to spray that much in the house so I did not get much done.
I managed to drill about 60 holes and buy my stuff for the air but other than that not much happened between the
rain on Saturday and the wind yesterday.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
You'll have it done soon. Keep plugging. As Red Green used to say, "Just remember I'm pullin' for ya'. We're all in this together".