• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yesterday I got the bottom row of the drain on the two long walls.
Made the middle row for the left side but will wait until I buy some wood for the stands to make sure where I want it.
Got top row started when I ran out of supplies again. LOL Home Depot loves me.

My new stands will look just like my old stands. I decided that it held up for all that time then it will work again. Less stress, time, and
work that way. I plan on picking up some wood this week and hope to get one side mocked up so I can finish the drains.
I ended up using t's for the drain hoses to go into. Two will fit in each T.

Started to put up the middle one yesterday but took a tumble on the stairs and was a little sore the rest of the day. So I painted
pvc instead. LOL

FishEggs

Glad you were only sore.:eek: Last tumble i took put me out of work for 6 months and it still comes back to haunt me. I know you're in a hurry to get the remodel done but slow down on the stairs at least. :rolleyes:
That's a lot of painting. How many cans have you used so far?

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Looks good Pat. What are you draining into a sump ? and recirculating ? what size is your pvc drains you have
mounted on the wall?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Looks good Pat. What are you draining into a sump ? and recirculating ? what size is your pvc drains you have
mounted on the wall?
No, its just for water changes. 1 1/2 drains on wall to a 2" to the sump pump and that sends the water to the outside.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The next problem I just realized is that I may not be done in time to get anything colored up for the BFD.
I need to kick it into gear......Damn.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Looks amazing! How's the temperature holding up on your tanks in the temporary setup zone?
So far so good. I am using the same heater that I use in the fishroom. Holding fine so far.
As long as I remember to keep the door closed at the top of the stairs. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2332.JPG ] I did pick up the clear caulk for around the cove base to keep water from getting under it. You may have seen these before but I thought this was cool. You know it's clear. Lol

Last edited:

FishEggs

That Lexell is really good stuff. Stays really clear too. Unfortunately it's not for use in the aquarium.