• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who's going to the ACA

Are you going to the ACA convention

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The first ACA convention I went to was in Cincy and I could not get off work either. I got out of work on Friday at noon. On the road by 1 pm and got there that night. Left Sunday around 12 to come home. I did enjoy myself but it was a long ways to travel for that amount of time.
Course I was hooked after that.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I think everyone had a great time last year and this one is closer.
I think we we will at least match last year.

Okay. Who else.

longstocking

Members
I'm hoping the "no vacation" crap... will be lifted by that time...

I'm not going all that way just for Saturday and part of Sunday. Not worth it to me.

I've missed out on going collecting/diving with Ad Konings and Chuck Rambo.... and the ACA convention because of his stupid boss GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, so 5 of you so far say, help me decide.

What info do you need to help you decide to go?

You can see pictures from last time on the forum
what else.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
my husband is probably going to go too :D Turns out he has off that weekend. Going ot finalize the plans wiht my mom to watch the kids and hopefully register and book a hotel room :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
As it stands now, Tracey and I will drive out on Tuesday. Gives us Wed to relax or explore or go to the water park next door. Things start Thursday.
I did not register for the Thursday trip but did register for the Aquarium trip on Friday.
Coming home on Monday. Nice thing about having grown kids. Don't have to rush back for school. lol

Lively

Members
As it stands now, Tracey and I will drive out on Tuesday. Gives us Wed to relax or explore or go to the water park next door. Things start Thursday.
I did not register for the Thursday trip but did register for the Aquarium trip on Friday.
Coming home on Monday. Nice thing about having grown kids. Don't have to rush back for school. lol

Been awhile, huh? 3 months from now is the middle of summer vacation - the rugrats are home all day long! If I get the opportunity to go next year, I'll farm mine out to different relatives down in Richmond :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Been awhile, huh? 3 months from now is the middle of summer vacation - the rugrats are home all day long! If I get the opportunity to go next year, I'll farm mine out to different relatives down in Richmond :)

I've posted this before but most years I try to add a couple days to it so its not just about fish.

When it was in Denver we flew out and spent 2 days in Aspen with a relative.
In 07 when it was in Sacramento we flew to San Fran for a couple days, drove to Monteray etc. Then went to the show.

95% of my vacation and sick time for the last 5 years has been spent on fish conventions or on the club.