• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who's going to the ACA

Are you going to the ACA convention

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, a little over 3 months away.
Tracey and I have our hotel and are now registered and paid up.

Its time to find out how many CCA members are going.

Last year we had 18 members go to the convention.

So who is going. Start the list.

Jumbie

Members
I am trying my hardest to make it this year. I remember all of the pictures that were posted last year by those who went....:D:):unsure::(:mad::angry3:...I still kick myself for not going. lol

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Is there anyone going just for the auction or for the weekend? I would like to go but I can't afford to take off work and its a long trip to make by yourself. I'd be up for splitting gas and tolls if anyone is interested in a tag along. Pm me if its a possibility.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I will be right behind you... seeing your every move;) Yep, reservations are set, I'm in like Flint!!! It will be my 1st ACA and I can't wait. I heard there's lots of things to do in the area so I look forward to it.

Richard

Lively

Members
I didn't even think of the logistics for the fish, that's pretty interesting and must be a huge job to set that kind of thing up.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have done several things.
The easy way is to rent tanks from the host club.
They have them in a seperate room and it cost $15 to rent a 10 for the convention. I did that in Atlanta.

One thing I have done when flying, is one suitcase with a couple plastic storage containers. I put everything I need in the containers and when I get there the containers are temp tanks in my room.

Of course the other thing I have done is a little bigger.
I have a metal rack that I can fit 4- 5.5 gal tanks and 6 storage containers. I have lights, airpump etc.

mrkillie

Members
I didn't even think of the logistics for the fish, that's pretty interesting and must be a huge job to set that kind of thing up.

This is an interesting dilemma, one that I haven't really had to ponder in the past being a killifish guy most of the last 15 years or so. With killies, just put the bags in your styro and forget about them. They'll last a week in the bag no problem. :rolleyes: Now cichlids, that's a whole new ball game! Especially if there are some big ones to be brought home. :wacko: I am thinking that I'll bring a couple 5 gallon buckets along to treat water in, and some 2 gallon plastic tanks to use as temporary housing. I won't be worrying about any aeration/filtration-the fish are tough and you can always do a quick water change.

I do know that I won't be buying anything so big that I can't use a 5 gallon bucket to transport. I guess I'll have to borrow some of those tanks, as I only have 2. And while I don't plan to buy much due to lack of space, well, you all know it doesn't always work out that way!!:wub:

Joel

mrkillie

Members
One thing that you may want to consider now, is to buy some of the plastic Easter grass when it goes down to like $0.25/bag in a week or two. Usually Walmart will have cases and cases of the stuff. This will make excellent floating cover in your temporary tanks and then is easily disposed of when you leave the convention (or save it for another weekend show!).

Joel

longstocking

Members
Probably won't make this one...

I'm really :( , I thought we would make this one.

Bill's boss put a hold on all vacation. All we can do is weekend get aways ... blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

dogofwar

CCA Members
Rubbermaid plastic totes work great for temporary housing. An air pump + a sponge filter is all you need for filtration...

Matt

I have done several things.
The easy way is to rent tanks from the host club.
They have them in a seperate room and it cost $15 to rent a 10 for the convention. I did that in Atlanta.

One thing I have done when flying, is one suitcase with a couple plastic storage containers. I put everything I need in the containers and when I get there the containers are temp tanks in my room.

Of course the other thing I have done is a little bigger.
I have a metal rack that I can fit 4- 5.5 gal tanks and 6 storage containers. I have lights, airpump etc.