• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you bringing to the January auction?

chriscoli

Administrator
gee, thanks....

<sigh> :rolleyes:

Caleb, thanks so much for setting him up...:dry:

Shawn, thanks so much for going there...:dry:

(putting the new rack together today, Caleb...so far so good!)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Amazing grace

And there you were thinking we were among gentlemen.

Seems I recall a post about why CCA has more male than female members - am sure I have no idea but do know that's no way to speak to a lady. Suppose as long as CCA continues have a "smiley-face" icon of a woman bouncing her mammaries around staring at us every time we go to make a post it's all to be expected - remarks that would qualify as SH in the workplace as well as the disparity in membership.

Perhaps we should add a smiley icon of a guy waving his "thang" around just for the sake of gender equality and to make all those prospective female club members feel more at home. Yeah, that's the ticket, then we can get really get the "babes" coming in, right? They'll so relish the opportunity to make posts/puns about "members", "sacks", and anything that's "hung" that we won't be able to keep them away.

I've resented that icon since the day I joined and suggested to a CCA officer that it wasn't appropriate. My concern was apparently "discussed" and subsequently dismissed, but since I've brought it up, I'd like to know why the CCA feels it's acceptable. Either we acknowledge that some people are offended by such and that it's not exactly conducive to making potential new members comfortable or it's "All hail the Chauvinist Cichlid Association". Just my opinion but I think we could do better as it reflects poorly on CCA and ought to be deleted.

Here's to a blissful and reflective Martin Luther King Day.

londonloco

Members
Fifteen years ago I went to a PVAS meeting, I was literally the only female in the room. "Good ole boys club" does begin to describe the atmosphere in the room. Couple of years ago I got back into freshwater aquariums (6 year saltwater stint) and was pleasantly surprised PVAS had a female prez, I truly was astonished. I've been a member of CCA for less than a year, and have been to only one meeting, but I have never felt CCA was an "ole boys club". Times have changed.

As far as the yellow clad lady bouncing her boobs around this forum, EH, could do without it, but never flipped my lid over it either. I would, however, LOVE to see a guy icon "of a guy waving his "thang" around".... double dare ya!

fischfan13

Banned
I am very sorry to have offended anyone. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I miss a meeting and you offended the entire club???
What did I miss?
Did you give someone the middle finger again?
You can take the boy out of Buffalo but you cannot take the ice off of his skivvies. :p

fischfan13

Banned
but I have never felt CCA was an "ole boys club". Times have changed.

The Good Ol' Boys clubs are dying...they blame others for their demise, but they are only doing it to themselves.

Clubs like CCA and ACLC and PVAS and GWAPA are stepping forward into the forefront of the hobby...and doing it all on their own!

Last edited:

chriscoli

Administrator
I am very sorry to have offended anyone. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Well, you certainly didn't offend me. I mean, if you said that to my face, I'd probably punch you in the arm and say, "Good one!"

Of course, you won't see me using the "bouncy lady" emoticon, it's definitely not my favorite...but yeah...now that y'all mention it, where is the guy waving his Thang? That could be useful on occasion! :D

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay,
Funny thing is this smilie was brought to us by a woman.
It has been used may times by women.

I have had multiple compliments in posts from new people about it.

It has been on the forum for 7 years and I have had exactly 2 complaints about it. Both from the same man? Never one from a woman. If I had it would have been gone then.

Instead, I asked some of the female members of the Board at the time.

I can see where it could be offensive to a woman.
We pride ourselves in our diversity in this club.
Always have.

Its gone.

Last edited:

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Okay,
Funny thing is this smilie was brought to us by a woman.
It has been used may times by women.

I have had multiple compliments in posts from new people about it.

It has been on the forum for 7 years and I have had exactly 2 complaints about it. Both from the same man? Never one from a woman. If I had it would have been gone then.

Instead, I asked some of the female members of the Board at the time.

I can see where it could be offensive to a woman.
We pride ourselves in our diversity in this club.
Always have.

Its gone.
GOOD JOB PAT!
IT BRINGS TO MIND LAST WEEK @ WRK ONE OF OUR PATIENTS WAS RUBBING ON ONE OF THE MEDICAL ASSISTANTS PREGNANT BELLY WITH SOME OTHER LADIES. WELL THE COMMENT WAS MADE BY AN OLDER MAN THAT WHY DONT THEY CONGRATULATE THE DAD BY GOIN UP AND RUBBING ON HIM. COMING FROM THIS 70+ OLD MAN I WAS CAUGHT OFF GUARD BY HIS HUMOR. HOWEVER EVERYONE AROUND HIM THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY EXCEPT ONE GUY. I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THE LADIES TO TAKE OFFENSE BUT ALAS IT WAS A GUY.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Keep those cards and letters coming

GOOD JOB PAT!
IT BRINGS TO MIND LAST WEEK @ WRK ONE OF OUR PATIENTS WAS RUBBING ON ONE OF THE MEDICAL ASSISTANTS PREGNANT BELLY WITH SOME OTHER LADIES. WELL THE COMMENT WAS MADE BY AN OLDER MAN THAT WHY DONT THEY CONGRATULATE THE DAD BY GOIN UP AND RUBBING ON HIM. COMING FROM THIS 70+ OLD MAN I WAS CAUGHT OFF GUARD BY HIS HUMOR. HOWEVER EVERYONE AROUND HIM THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY EXCEPT ONE GUY. I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THE LADIES TO TAKE OFFENSE BUT ALAS IT WAS A GUY.

So Pat gets all the love? You guys/gals are so fickle.

I suppose a lot of it has to do with how and when a thing is said - and by whom - and to whom - and etc. As most folks tend to graciously allow those of another era, especially when innocuous, general freedom of movement, I totally see how only one person tripped in the circumstance.

In memoriam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKIUMbi9Jk