• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you bringing to the January auction?

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Aulonocara Ruby Red Male full color, Aulonocara Jake Caroli full color,
4 Green severum about quarter size or bigger,Brown Bristlenose, Julidochromis Maleri breeding group with juvies.and what ever else I can bag in time.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
The usual amalgamation of fishy things...

Guppy grass
Hornwort
Limnobium
Water sprite
30" single fluorescent fixture (17W)
48" single fluorescent fixture (40W) that flickers (ballast?)
Pair of black paradise
Female firemouth (if she cooperates)
Box or two of old slate roofing tiles (whole and broken pieces - very groovy for aquascaping)
Yun's CF light bulbs (yet again)

Available on request:
2 1/2 gallon bucket of crushed quartz gravel - white, clean, dry and ready to use.
5-6 gallons of clean and dry polished river agate/gravel.
2 Whisper 100 air pumps if anyone wants them - will need to replace 3 of the 4 diaphragms as only one side of one pump works.
Plastic buckets so it would seem.

toddnbecka

Members
I'm tempted to request the Whisper 100's just for the satisfaction of throwing them away. I bought one used years ago, replaced one of the diaphragms twice in less than a month, and then it blew one out again. I have several of the old-style whisper air pumps that are still running fine after many years of use, and love the AP 300's for bigger tanks, but the blue dome 100 is about as useful as a Stealth Pro heater IMO.

I do have a plump (overfed and underexercised) adult male P. williamsi that would likely be happier in a tank bigger than the 75. Gets along well with ruby reds and perlmutts, BN and Lophiobagrus catfish, didn't play well with other williamsi.
Also have young ruby reds available, mostly females, a couple males are showing color now.
Have a dozen or so juvie eureka reds of various sizes, and 8 juvie (~1.5") Syno multi's available.
Always have BN pleco's, brown, albino, and/or super red over 2" now.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Busted

I'm tempted to request the Whisper 100's just for the satisfaction of throwing them away. I bought one used years ago, replaced one of the diaphragms twice in less than a month, and then it blew one out again.

I told a similar tale of woe/disdain to a Tetra rep at a fish show and he pled off with a story about former lapses in Chinese quality control of rubber composites that I totally believe even if I did sort of put those very words in his mouth by asking what sort of cheap compound they were using to make diaphragms when there are materials available that can literally last for years. You're right - I'll put them in the recycle bin now as I also recall that Tetra was refusing to sell the diaphragms themselves separately from the entire assembly arm meaning that the cost is around half that of a new pump. As penance for the nearness of my sin I will donate everything I bring for the auction to CCA's Dedicated Francine Get Down With It Let's Party Fund. (Remind me when the next Jamboree is held and make sure I get invited this time, eh?).

Occurs to me that I'm spending entirely too much time not dancing.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have a lot of plants I can bring but am out of fish bags. I can't recall if plants are permitted in the auction in zip-lock type bags. Anyone know for sure?

KRUCIAN KING

Members
I have a couple of bags of plant substrate, 48" light fixture, a 18 watt uv sterilizer brand new in box, and a number of odds and ends.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Probably going to bring some Neets, Rio Danli Honduran Red Points (the electric blue kind) and some F1 Peru sevs...

And a couple of buckets of pool filter sand...

Matt

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I plan on bringing:

1X Fluval 204 used with sponges (work fine- just took down now)
1X Large piece of driftwood

Plants:
Limnophila Hippuroides
Blyxa Auberti
Echinodorus 'vesuvius
Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Bronze
Hygrophila 'Kompakt
Ludwigia repensXarcuata
Hygrophila Angustifolia
Anubias nana 'petite

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have gotten several emails from new people asking about the auction. Please remember that this is not an all day auction. It is a mini auction and the rulls are on the site. Check the "mini auction" tab on the left side of the forum portal page.
You may also want to print out your form and have it ready.
Couple of quick things,
There is a limit of items you can bring..... we must be out of the building by a certain time..... LOL. sorry, i had one person ask about how many pages of plants they could bring.... lol
http://www.capitalcichlids.org/?pageid=miniauction