• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
I finally ordered a group of the 6' panels. Im setting up a 10 gal rack and these should come in handy :cool:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wow I have not been on in 3 months? Got to stop this stuff

Room is doing okay.
I have an air delivery problem.
I have mentioned before that I was not happy with my air supply since the remodel. Now I am out of air. Can’t keep all 98 outlets running at same time.
So I have to decide if I want to go another step up with the pump or cut in and make two zones. I had a second linear pump (my old one) but I loaned it out to a friend.
So buy the bigger one or a second like I have. Don’t know.

I had more air with my old room because I used 1 1/2”pipe. Only 1” now. I have in loop but not helping.
I would have to disassemble 1/2 the room to go back to 1 1/2”. It was the first thing in the room during rebuild.
Think I will wait till I get to the ACA to decide.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Do you run airstones in your sponge filters? Did you glue your system? Thread tape on your valves?

Sometimes I'll raise the sponge filter on the deeper tanks to reduce the pressure on the incoming air, sometimes works well enough when you're on the border.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Lol
I do not use air stones in there. Never did. I know it may help but I am just frustrated because I did not need them with the old system.
Like I said, I will be fine till I get back from ACA. I may pick up something there if I see something.
I can always hook my blower back up but really don't want the whine. ( I know I am whining right now. lol)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
been a while since I’ve posted.
fishroom still doing fine.
I still have not fixed my air problem but things are doing fine.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I picked them up at the keystone clash. Rusty has donated some fish and they were not bringing enough money so I bid these up. Still small but seem happy so far.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Getting ready to drive to DE to see if I can find Super Cichlids. Been wanting to check it out. Maybe I will find something to add to the room.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I've always thought salvini were cool if you can manage the aggression.

Definitely worth a trip to Super Cichlids if you'll be in the area, let me know if you need the address or anything. It's easy to find something worth bringing back; I came home with fish I hadn't seen available locally.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The store was great..... Loved it. I took the tour and talked for a while. Nice selection of fish and tons of supplies. Lots of variety. Ran into a couple of
CCA members there too. LOL
I had been converting my fish room over to Aqueon opti + lights and they quit making them and replaced it with the opti max. I picked two of those up. Helps both
the store in sales and my fish room with new lights. Win Win.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I am not sure if we are coming or not.
I usually am one of the first ones to register but I decided not to do it like 6 months ago.
Couple nights ago I started having 2nd thoughts about that.
I am still in discussions with the wife on that one..
Not sure if there is still room for me so will talk to someone this weekend about it and make a decision.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I just read this back to myself.
This is nothing against the event or club.
Bringing the fish and tanks and set up that I usually do, is a good bit of work and
I do it because I have enjoyed it.
It was not on top of my priority list recently.
But??????
lol

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I just read this back to myself.
This is nothing against the event or club.
Bringing the fish and tanks and set up that I usually do, is a good bit of work and
I do it because I have enjoyed it.
It was not on top of my priority list recently.
But??????
lol
Thanks for clarifying, I was a little worried.

There are a few tables left, so you're still welcome, but I think we'll be sold out fairly soon.

We'd love to have you if you'd come! I'm sure people would miss you, your table is always packed.

You could always pre-bag the fish to make the transport and set up easier. I know they look better in tanks, but I think most people know your quality and I'm not sure it'd hurt your sales much. Anything you might need to take back is already bagged and ready to go, or we'd happily take anything you'd want to donate to the auction.