• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

JAMES RIVER AQUARIUM SOCIETY BIG DEAL AUCTION!

clearsky5

CCA Members
300 items now listed!

funny thing though.... not many plants listed so far.. maybe time to
thin out those crypts...

see the other thread as far as new location address

8007A Mechanicsville turnpike, Mechanicsville, va 23111

EASY DIRECTIONS::

95 south to 295 S (towards norfolk) exit 37b bear right coming off ramp
store is 1000 feet on your left.

david

lkelly

Members
I have to say that I was blown away by the auction. For the first JRAS one it was outstanding. There were a ton of items, some good prices, some good prices fetched for sellers, and of course an outstanding effort by those in charge.

It was wonderful to see some of the CCA and PVAS folks too. Considering how many lots Andrew, Christine, and Matt won the gas mileage will be a little worse on the trip back north. Jesse did a nice job as auctioneer for a stretch and managed to only bid on about a third of the items during that period. Outstanding self restraint.

And I can't forget to pat myself on the back. I supplied the unpaid child labor in the form of my son who worked as a runner for several hours. I can't get him to carry his dishes to the sink, but he'll lug a 10 pound tub of cichlid salt through a crowd of people? Sigh...

I hope this becomes at least an annual event. Nice job Dave!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I had a great time and scored some excellent fish for a steal! Thanks for a great auction, JRAS!

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Great job, JRAS! I know how much planning goes into an event like this, and you did a fantastic job....especially with having to change locations so late in the game like you did.

I hope to see you all next year!

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, thanks to Dave and the rest of JRAS for a great auction. Christine, Andrew, and I each got some good stuff, but there was a lot for everyone! Excellent event!

Lane's son did a great job. Lane, not so much!

mchambers

Former CCA member
After Lane left, I grabbed the window sill.

Before that, I got some Northern Mountain swordtails (Xiphophorus nezequotil), Flag Tail Panda corydoras (Corydoras oiapoquensis) (bred by Don Kinyon, who had some very cool corydoras in the auction), and Guianacara sp. Rio Caroni (or stergiosi).

I also picked up a plant and some dry goods.

Andrew bought almost all of the South American cichlids in the auction. I'll let him give you more detail.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I got some hose (a variety of clear plastic in diameters from half inch to 1.5 inch) a Marineland HOB filter, and some crypts and livebearers. Was outbid on some cichlids.

It was really easy to find, just off the interstate.

Lots of good fish, a surprising number of different types of angelfish.

THe auction seemed to alternate between fish and plant or driftwood, a good thing, so there were not a bunch of plants only at the end.

chriscoli

Administrator
Let's see....I picked up a gorgeous group of H. Stellifer, two groups of different Julies, some plecos, some keyhole cichlids, and some apistos. Oh...and one plant.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I bought a pair of burjurquina vitata, 5 geophagus red head tapajos, 6 small aequidens patricki, 5 cw032 cories, a huge bag of hornwort, and some dry goods.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App