• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Frybabies Roadtrip

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Shrimp salad and the prettiest coleslaw you ever saw. Don't just eat meat folks or your insides will complain.

George

longstocking

Members
Well...I have never seen a fish room that is air conditioned... but I'm sure there is one somewhere in this world :p

The BBQ is outside with a picnic table...

the fishroom will have fans blowing...

Please bring extra chairs if you have them....

I made guacamole (sp??)... cali style :p and brought up shrimp... Maryland style. :jumpy:

George... mind helping out on the grill? Take turns with a few people.

Julie and I are figuring about 35 people....

Julie

Members
It's gonna be a blast tomorrow!! I'm stoked!

When you arrive, please park down by the road (you'll see what I mean when you get here) If you have heavy stuff to bring up, go ahead and drive up, but please go back down, or park so people can easily get by. If I play my cards right, my kids will man the tractor and cart so they can lug things (and maybe kids??) up for awhile. :)

See you all tomorrow!!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I cannot speak for anyone else but I had one heck of a time. I cooked a bit but was cooked out from you know when. Bill from the other great group (yes I can't remember the letters right now) took over and did a splendid job. The sausages may have started out looking like a disaster but your recovery was nothing short of heroic and they were terrific. I had one and when I went back for another (yes I'm a pig) there were only hot dogs.

There was air conditioning under the trees to please anyone. The breeze was nice and the weather spectacular. The kids running around were delightful. There was more beer and food than anyone could hope for. Yes, there were plenty of softdrinks too. The horses were a hit with the kids and the dogs were fun but possibly made a little sick when the kids discovered that the pooches loved pretzels.

I can only hope that there is half a chance that we can do this again in the future and that someday Julie emerges from the fishroom to do it with us. She was busy in the heat of the fishroom pretty much all day and I hope she made a buck.

Julie, you and your kids are the best. CCA owes you.

George

PS. Nobody had more fun than me because you didn't get to ride up in Mike's van with some of the nicest people there.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Well said George!!!

I had an absolute blast!!! It was really cool to get to hang out with everyone. I got to meet several people from the club and it was a pleasure to talk with each and every one of you. The food was excellent, I brought 5 lbs of Italian Sausages and we demolished them as quick as Bill took them off the grill. (Great job cookin Bill ;) ) Next time I'll bring atleast 10lbs of sausages and Bill will bring the peppers and onions to go with em.

Julie, you have an amazing collection of fish. I walked thru the fishroom atleast 4 times, each time I saw something that I had missed the other times and I'm sure there were still a few that I didn't see. The kids were totally blown away by the ray's in the back room, they couldn't wait to get home to tell "Mommy" about them. I'm proud to say that Seth's second favorite fish was the amazing Kambwimba Red Rainbow Tropheus which was my favorite (I've been wanting them for quite some time). I'd like to thank you for the time you took with the kids, I'll never forget you showing Evan his first cichlids and him looking at them in awe saying over and over "wow, they're beautiful"... I just stood back and enjoyed the moment and I'm glad you got to share it with him. That's the 2nd time I needed certain fish for the kids and you made it happen both times (4 different species total that she has tracked down for Seth and Evan).

All I can say is, to be able to be a part of a group that has so many awesome members is truly a gift. Thanks everyone for a truly awesome day!!!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yes, Thank you Julie for hosting us again. The location you guys picked was great.
Thank you everyone for the food.
Thank you Bill for the goodies.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Thanks Julie! My kids had a blast and I cannot remember the last time they got so grubby in a fun way!

F8LBITE

Members
Yes I had a great time guys. Big thanks to Julie for getting me some awesome fish and having us over. We had a great turnout and I counted at least 25 people at one point. Everybody drinking and hanging out while others were in the fishroom sweating with Julie. Big thanks to Michael for driving us and letting us load up his van with all of our crap. Half the fun of this trip was the ride there and back we really had a great time. Then we stopped off at That Fish Place on the way home and WOW Ive never seen a fish store like that. It was bigger than most Home Depots or Lowes they had absolutely everything you could ever need that is pet related. I did mange to snap a shot of my two favorite redheads :

SU1HMDA3NTMuanBn.jpg

It wasnt all fish talk. This baby showed up and sounded beautiful!!!
SU1HMDA3NTYuanBn.jpg

minifoot77

Members
my group have fun to thank you julie for the fun and the calvus and the 134 :) and thank rachel for the shrimp they are doing good too

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Thank You Julie, We always have a great time when we go to Frybabies. Hope you got a chance to eat somthing. lol.Thanks again.

TheWire

Members
thank you so much for the host and the people that organized it.

I met some friendly people....I have a blast riding with 5 other people I never met...