• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD Volunteer needed

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I might've geeked out over this so much that I forgot to leave work before rush hour :p.

Ken's is sending a box of goods. I've emailed Current because the phone line I found doesn't seem to have an option for something like this, but I will try them again tomorrow - the operator didn't pick up.
GlassCages says call back tomorrow but the answer is probably yes. :).

This is nice. I thought it would be harder to get people to give the club free stuff!

Lol it's the feminine appeal/voice. Got Susie to call drf&s and they gave her a thumbs up but want us to fax them what we would like want/need from them. Smh

thanks Jason

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
I slap on the southern accent that I do not come by honestly... I think it helps. In all fairness, Ken's knows us all by name at this point.

Send me a few more? Maybe 3.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Leffler817

CCA Members
I can make some calls during my lunch break, without a mouthful of food too. :) If I can get the same script stuff that Becca got, I could knock out a few.

Becca

Members
I can make some calls during my lunch break, without a mouthful of food too. :) If I can get the same script stuff that Becca got, I could knock out a few.

I didn't quite get a script - this is what I told people:

"Hi, I'm calling from the Capital Cichlid Association, a club located in the Washington DC area that serves Maryland, DC, and Virginia. We host an annual event called Aquamania: The Big Fish Deal which takes place over the last weekend in February. Right now we're looking for event sponsors and product donations to use as raffle and aquascaping competition prizes."

I also told them it attracts people from all over the country and, sometimes, all over the world. I may have "name dropped" Hans a few times :p.

Localzoo

Board of Directors

"Hi, I'm calling from the Capital Cichlid Association, a club located in the Washington DC area that serves Maryland, DC, and Virginia. We host an annual event called Aquamania: The Big Fish Deal which takes place over the last weekend in February. Right now we're looking for event sponsors and product donations to use as raffle and aquascaping competition prizes."

I also told them it attracts people from all over the country and, sometimes, all over the world. I may have "name dropped" Hans a few times :p.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members

To clarify - Hans=Hans Evers, who spoke last year. There's also Anton Lamboj, Shane Linder, etc...

Becca

Members
Brightwell Aquatics wants to sponsor the First Place prize for Aquascaping, which is a sponsorship opportunity listed on the website. It is not a prize category listed on the Aquarium Beautiful page, though.

Does anyone know whether it's a category this year?

TriLamb13

Members
New to CCA

I am a brand new member and have not had the opportunity to attend any of the meetings or a BFD however would be willing to try and call a place or two for you. A script would be much appreciated!

Sarah