• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD Volunteer needed

chriscoli

Administrator
Hey, do we have anybody that's really good at calling companies and asking for donations?

We have a list of companies that have already received an email, but I need to work with a few folks that can help follow up with a phone call.

If I can divide up the list with a few people it'll go much faster and we can do it in an organized way so that the companies don't feel harassed.

Send me a PM if you are able to help.

chriscoli

Administrator
I've heard from nobody. Surely we've got some folks in the club with the ability to contact some of these companies and ask for support.

If we don't do this we won't have a raffle. These donations run our event.

If you're able to spare a few minutes of your day and call someone for me, please let me know.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Please help if you can. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that has been taking place for the past couple of months. We have reached the point where we can't make aquamania be the BFD it should be without enlisting more help from club members.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Will's been doing the bulk of the heavy lifting on this for me....we need to spread it around, though otherwise we'll burn Will out.

Becca

Members
I am less than awesome at this, but if you give me a list of 5 and a script, I'll give it a shot during lunch this week.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Well, the first one worked out - Seachem asked me to send the info and they plan to donate and/or sponsor. Hopefully everyone on the list is so eager to participate.

Becca

Members
I received this question from Seachem:
"Hi Rebecca,

It was nice speaking with you over the phone. I'll look this over and talk with my supervisor about what level of sponsorship we can commit to. I've got a couple of questions. How many people do you expect to attend? If we wanted to sponsor at the gold or silver level, can that sponsorship be fulfilled with donated product of equivalent value for raffle?"

I figured it'd be good to get the answer posted here in case others ask.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Last year we had (round figures) 150 attendees for the entire convention and an additional 140 Marketplace only attendees (total marketplace of 290).

Becca

Members
What about this part of the question - anyone know?

"If we wanted to sponsor at the gold or silver level, can that sponsorship be fulfilled with donated product of equivalent value for raffle?"

Christine says yes, the equivalent is OK :). Looks like Seachem will be sponsoring!

Last edited:

chriscoli

Administrator
187 views, and Becca's the only person who has stepped up?

Volunteering for an event like this includes a lot of activities that need to get done before-hand. I really need your help. This club runs on donations and right now we're very thin in that department.

If we don't have more help, we will not have a raffle at AquaMania. We also will not have raffles at our monthly meetings, either.

If everyone in our club made one phone call to one company, and asked for their support, we'd be done tomorrow.

If you can make just one call, please let me know and I can give you the next contact on my list.

JasonC

Members
I may have some time out of the office this week that I can use for calling. If I can get the same script stuff that Becca got, I could knock out a few.

Becca

Members
I might've geeked out over this so much that I forgot to leave work before rush hour :p.

Ken's is sending a box of goods. I've emailed Current because the phone line I found doesn't seem to have an option for something like this, but I will try them again tomorrow - the operator didn't pick up.
GlassCages says call back tomorrow but the answer is probably yes. :).

This is nice. I thought it would be harder to get people to give the club free stuff!