• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquarium Beautiful Competition at AquaMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Let’s transform the lobby of the Hilton Gaithersburg into an aquatic paradise!

AquaMania will feature an exhibition of freshwater aquariums of all shapes and sizes… on display for the public and in competition for awards in the following categories:
1) Nano tank (under 10g)
2) Medium Tanks (10g – 29g)
3) Large tanks (30+ gallons)

Official Rules and Entry Details
A) PM me to request participation in the AquaMania Aquarium Beautiful Competition. Participation is free with registration and allocated on a first come, first served basis with space set aside for sponsors.

B) Entries will be in one of the following three categories: 1) Nano (under 10g), 2) Medium (10g-29g), and Large (30+ gallons).

C) Entrants will be responsible for all aspects of transporting, setting up, maintaining and removing their entries. Electricity and warm water will be available at the Hilton. Stands for tanks under 20g will also be available. A limited number of 3′ tank stands will also be available. Entrants of 30g+ tanks should bring their own stands.

D) Entrants will site their tanks per instructions from AquaMania staff either on Friday, March 8, between 6 and 10 PM or Saturday, March 9, between 8 and 11 AM.

E) Judging will be by AquaMania participants and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each class will be awarded based on total number of votes received between 10 AM and 4 PM on Saturday March 10. Registered attendees will each receive one complementary vote. Registered attendees and visitors to AquaMania may cast an unlimited number of votes. Votes are $1 each and support the PVAS Foundation for giving aquariums to kids. Votes can also be used to enter a variety of raffles at AquaMania (for both registered guests and the general public).

F) All Aquarium Beautiful Competition entries must highlight the freshwater aquarium hobby and hold at least one living aquatic animal. There are no rules (beyond Maryland and Federal law) around what constitutes an acceptable entry into the Aquarium Beautiful Competition. Vendors, clubs and other entrants may post logos, for sale signs and other information on their entries. Entries may be sold or used to store or house fish and plants to be sold at the AquaMania Marketplace on Sunday, March 10th.

G) Entries must remain in place until Saturday, March 9th at 6 PM and must be removed by Sunday, March 10 at 4:00 PM. Entries that are removed must be completely removed (i.e. not left in a partially set-up state). Entries or parts of entries left after Sunday, March 10 at 4:00 PM will become property of CCA and entrants might be liable for disposal or removal costs.

H) Entrants are responsible for ensuring that all aquaria, entrant-supplied stands, filters and equipment are safe and serviceable prior to entry. While there will be round-the-clock oversight of all entries, CCA and Hilton are not responsible for any damage to any entry in the Aquarium Beautiful Competition, loss of fish or damage to equipment.

johnscottant

Members
I'm looking forward to this contest. The CCY or Cichlid Club of York PA will enter this contest and have a table. Thanks CCA for another great event

dogofwar

CCA Members
Bump for more Aquarium Beautiful entries :)

Entries are FREE with registration, a marketplace table and/or sponsorship

Matt

jweis

Members
I'm new to this forum. I am a GWAPA member and heard about the contest at our most recent mtg. I would like to enter, but for some reason, I do not have permission to PM. Can someone tell me how I can get more information?

clearsky5

CCA Members
aquarium beautiful entry:

Hello Matt:
I would like to enter in the aquarium beautiful competition...
I plan on entering the Nano category...
thanks
david sombach
ps.. I registered, but forgot to add this to my registration..
thanks

clearsky5

CCA Members
I need to amend my aquarium beautiful entry
I thought I had a nano tank..
in fact it will be in the medium tank category
15 gallons I beleive..

sorry...
hope this is ok????
david

dogofwar

CCA Members
No problem, David!

Anyone else want to enter?

I'd love to see a glass banging New World or two :)

Thanks,
Matt

clearsky5

CCA Members
aquarium beautiful entry

Matt:
I think I got an email about tank dimensions and such..
my Medium tank entry is 14"x14"x20" tall.....
will there be a table top for oddball sized tanks??
thanks
david

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - we've got a really nice granite counter top :)

Looking forward to seeing your entry!

Matt
Matt:
I think I got an email about tank dimensions and such..
my Medium tank entry is 14"x14"x20" tall.....
will there be a table top for oddball sized tanks??
thanks
david

Status
Not open for further replies.