• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Do You Do?

maddog10

Members
I picture mild mannered Bob Bock as CIA Black Ops, Special Agent. Can kill you 13 different ways with the eraser off a pencil. Bob Bock enters the room, Chuck Norris AND Mr. T run away. :D

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Someone told me that that Jack guy on 24 was modeled after Bob.
Never watched it so I really don't know. Just the rumor I heard.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I'm a Commercial electrician which means I work on large construction sites. Residential electricians wire houses, Commercial electricians do the BIG jobs.

It's over rated, definitely not for everyone, but I dig it.

F8LBITE

Members
I work at a Lincoln dealer selling parts. Not just Lincoln Parts, Ford , Mercury and Isuzu parts as well. Im the guy your bodyshop or repair shop calls to order parts to fix your car. It used to pay very well but we've been directly affected by the economy and lack of spending.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I work for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), which is part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

My group funds research on how health information technology (like electronic medical records) impacts the quality, safety, and efficiency of care.

We're going to be REALLY busy with money from the stimulus package...

iamzrad

Members
I'm graduating in May with a BS in Visual Communications--Graphic Design. Then going for my Master's (teaching) at either Towson or MICA, have not decided quite yet on that path.

I currently work at the Daily Record (Maryland) as a graphic designer. I also do freelance web, print, and motion graphics work.
And I work at M.S. Contractors as an architectural/interior/exterior designer.

rsretep

Members
yeah i know what you do...taxi three fish heads from harford county to the cca meetings once a month....

i am the field supervisor for a commercial drywall contractor out of harford county...which means basically i drive a big pick up truck around from job to job checking on employees and making sure things are running smoothly and it gives me oppurtunities to hit many area fish stores lol

msjinkzd

invert junkie
What I used to do if very different from now, I was an art therapist who moonlighted as a veterinary technician. Once I started having children, we decided it would be nice I we raised our kids rather than working to pay someone else to.

kbeaudean

Members
I work as a Customer Service Representive at a bank in Delaware and Kevin works for the US Postal Service. He started there after 12 years in the Navy.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I'll soon be an architect out of Gaithersburg, MD. I'll be graduating with my Masters in May.

I gotta tell you, my tank has been one of the only things to keep me sane through grad. school!

P.S. The meeting on Saturday was a lot of fun! It was my first ever "fish meeting". I was overwhelmed, but definitely plan on attending the next one!

svf

Members
I am a freelance classical musician and music teacher. I play the oboe. I also own my own oboe repair shop that I have in the basement of my home. This means that I get to hit oboes with hammers. That is the fun part of my job. Otherwise, performing is kind of stressful, but music is fun.
It's funny - every time that someone makes an appointment for repair, I send them directions and a warning... "keeping freshwater aquariums is my hobby. I have 7. The aquariums are the first thing you will see as you walk in the door. I also have a small parrot and a cat. Just so you know." LOL It clears up a lot of confusion...

Julie

Members
I'm a chemist!!

To be more specific I'm a synthetic chemist in the pharmaceutical industry. I used to make drugs (literally!), then I got into the informatics end of things. After a 6.5 year hiatus from the company, I'm back now as an analytical chemist, cleaning up the compounds that the chemists make. Also still dabbling in the informatics end of things.

I'm also a slum landlord... kinda! I have 3 buildings, 2 single families (occupied), and a 2unit (1 occupied, 1 in the final stages of rehab).

Oh, and I import, breed, and sell tropical fish!!

davidhusker

Members
I am a Computer Analyst for the Army (civilian) and I work at APG. I was since doing the same job prior to my move at Fort Leavenworth, KS. Started during college in 2006. Graduated from University of Nebraska in 2008 and have since continued the same job. Moved out here Feb 1,2009...

Im open to ride down with the people around the area to silver springs for the meetings anytime :)