• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Do You Do?

marge618

CCA member
:character0051: :character0053: :happy0180:
I taught elementary and middle school science, health, and math in Baltmore City for 33 years. I also volunteered at the National Aquarium as a guide for 2 years. Presently retired (and deciding what I'm going to 'be' next.) In the meantime I volunteer at the MD Dept of Natural Resources.

This is a very interesting thread. It gives us a chance to know each other.. a bit different than "oh, yes. I know him. He's the fellow that raises Oscars."

Marge

animicrazy

Members
Been a while since this thread was extended so I figure I"ll jump in.

For a "living" I breathe regularly and eat.

As for what i Do, a harder question.

(1) Full time undergraduate at Towson University - will? graduate January w a B.S. in Speech/Language Pathology & Audiology and a B.S. in Psychology. Planning on pursuing a dual masters in Speech/Lang. Path and Research Psych.

(2) Own Engines Etc.; has to do with cars: sometimes fix, consult (tell stupid mechanics what is wrong), buy, sell, getting into R & D with alternate/dual fuel setups (this is new).

(3) Fish - Why? I often ask myself - have not received a coherent answer.

(4) Tech start-up: can't tell what we are designing, but it's my company and my idea so if it works I'll either be rich or dead.

(5) Single parent: NEED wife!!; significant other will do - must have a Very large sense of humor; a degree in Psychiatry would be useful.

Paul.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
And what do I do? Well, I'm off work with an injury right now. Grrrr. So - Other than sneaky file transfers to Steve & selling stuff on E-Bay these days, I'm more like George & am the Madam of Leisure. Not to imply that George is a Madam, but....... oh heck.......::gulp:: Well heck. We all know George.......
I'd better behave or he's gonna call me a cull again...... :wacko:[/b]

When you did work, didn't you teach people how to put their mouth on other people's mouths? :wacko: Strange job I'd say. What body parts will be involved in your next job one wonders? :unsure: :angry3: :FIREdevil:

I'm not sure what's wrong with Madams?

George

JustRon

Members
My file has been purged several times, which one did you get access to? Was it a recent file or something more revealing?

Aaron

Members
I am an Underwriter for a specialty insurance company. I specialize in commercial liability.

Here are a few examples of the types of accounts I may handle:

# Amusement – Arcades, Ball Pits, Certain Inflatables, Miniature Golf, Kiddie Rides
# Buildings/Premises-Bank/Office/Mercantile/Mfg- Lessors Risk
# Care Facilities - Excluding Professional - Adult Homes, Day-Care, Halfway Houses, Shelters
# Contractors - Artisan and General
# Convenience Stores/Grocery Stores
# Distributors
# Habitational – Apartment, Hotel/Motel, Rental Dwellings, Boarding/Rooming Houses, Mobile Home Parks, Homeowners/Condo Assoc.
# Laboratories - Research and Development
# Manufacturers - Light to Medium Hazard Manufacturing & Warehousing Exposures
# Manufacturers' Reps'
# Mobile Home Parks
# Office Buildings, Stores, Rentals
# Products - Clothing, Cosmetics, Decorative Jewelry, Non-Industrial Equipment, Food Products, Sporting Equipment
# Recreational - Athletics, Camps, Kiddie Rides, Parks, Seasonal Activities, Special Events, Sporting, and Theaters
# Restaurants, Bars, Taverns, Clubs, Caterers
# Schools - Trade/Vocational/Career
# Vacant Land and Buildings
# Warehouses

Sorry if I bored you :unsure:

DeeCee

Members
LOL, Ron -- your recent files were revealing enough that I hope you're blushing right now! HA! :character0272:

And George, I was a CPR instructor you brat!
You make it sound like I was a ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nevermind :smashfreakB: :smashfreakB: :smashfreakB:

BTW, the Doc said I can go back to work at the end of November, at least for office type work. Now all I need is a job!
Woooooo Hooooooo! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

DC

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I work for a International Real Estate Firm for close to 10 years now.

I am in charge of engaging with International Clients ( Foreign Nationals, Diplomats, Embassy officials), who travel to the US to invest in Real Estate. I deal with the World Bank, IMF and some of the Embassy's in the area. I have dealt with a vast range of international people from around the world who traveled here to purchase land and homes.

I have traveled to Miami, NYC, LA to meet and consult with potential clients about investing in RE. I also travel to South America and Central America if I have to in order to close a deal. It's fun and I enjoy helping people, but the market has turned bad and business has slowed down. The market has scared off potential clients that want to invest in the US. So for now, I try to keep busy with my Cichlids and family.

I heard Europe is becoming a hot spot for the affluent and the market is liquid due to the fact that the Euro is kicking our butt right now. Boy, wouldn't it be great to buy a nice little home in Tuscany, Italy and retire. Can you imagine, Spagetti for Breakfast, Linguine for lunch and lasagna for Dinner. WOW! Oh well, I guess I 'll just have to be a manager at Papa John's until this market picks up. :lol:

Just Kidding. :p

mscichlid

Founder
Hmmmm. Tough decision. I think the river would be nice for the larger specimens and plecos, but a flood plain would be exquisite!

Well if he is really well connected maybe he can find you both, and just for good measure an elevated building with specimen collection tanks and running water

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Franny, for you I can throw in some natives from the movie Apocalypto if you like?

Brazil is a cool idea, but the Amazon can be dangerous.

DeeCee

Members
Brazil, eh? Well it's a heck of a long way for us to all travel for a holiday party at Francine's, but I guess we could make allowances.
I guess the invitations would have to read BYONBW (Bring your own Nets, Bags & Waders) :lol:

DC

Sonny Disposition

And don't forget to pack the crocodile repellent.

Brazil, eh? Well it's a heck of a long way for us to all travel for a holiday party at Francine's, but I guess we could make allowances.
I guess the invitations would have to read BYONBW (Bring your own Nets, Bags & Waders) :lol:

DC[/b]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Oh, I forgot to tell you Francine.... If you do decide on the property in Brazil, we would have to land on a Soccer Field. :wacko:

DeeCee

Members
And don't forget to pack the crocodile repellent.

<div class='quotemain'>Brazil, eh? Well it's a heck of a long way for us to all travel for a holiday party at Francine's, but I guess we could make allowances.

DC[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Naw, more like "God Help the poor croc who gets between Francine and a good fish!" :smashfreakB:
After all, we've seen her in motion when she really really wants that daphnia..... :happy0007:

heee heee!

DC

mscichlid

Founder
I thought I'd bring this back up. We've had a lot of members join since this was posted. How about telling us what you do?

Cichlidiot

Members
Well I dont do anything interesting like everyone else that has posted so far. I'm an equipment operator for a printing company. We print everything from credit card statements to phone bills.