• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Do You Do?

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Actually, I have one of the best jobs at the dealer.
The service writers talk with the customers so I don't have to. I just try to figure out how to get everything done each day and which tech can make it happen, while keeping an eye on profits and making sure to be fair when handing work out so that all the techs can make a living and feed their families. Nothing to it.
That's a thankless job! I worked as a Honda Tech for 12 years. The dispatcher could never win, some tech was always convienced they were always getting dealt crap.

I am a seknd graed skoul tieshr at a Title 1 elementary school in Montgomery County.
That's were I'm sending my kids.

What I used to do if very different from now, I was an art therapist who moonlighted as a veterinary technician. Once I started having children, we decided it would be nice I we raised our kids rather than working to pay someone else to.
wait...you give therapy to art? I have a painting that hasn't been looking it's best lately, can you talk to it for me?

...I'm also a slum landlord... kinda! I have 3 buildings, 2 single families (occupied), and a 2unit (1 occupied, 1 in the final stages of rehab).

Oh, and I import, breed, and sell tropical fish!!
I'm looking to join the ranks of slumlord in the next few months :p

I'm an IT Manager at Legg Mason. I've been in IT for 8 yrs.

kaj41354

Members
Ok - I was actually picturing the newest Super Hero Duo ----

Sonny D and Daphnia Man making the world safe for man and fish alike!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Does Daphnia man throw sweet potatoes at his enemies?

I hear that Sonny D is pretty good with a cast net...

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
1231.gif

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
for a living i electric shock monkeys at a aluminum can recycling station and im a secret shopper :D! .....joking!! really im a lab tech/ medical assistant for a oncology/hematology practice. we treat patients with blood disorders and cancer. with a job like mine you need a twisted sense of humor.

ksanftleben

Members
Pretty interesting thread. I’m a retired Army officer and spent much of my time in combat divisions (7th Infantry Division, 3rd Infantry Division, and 2nd Armored Division), but I’ve been working as a civilian for the Marine Corps for the last eleven years.

I’m the Director of the Alfred M. Gray Marine Corps Research Center at Quantico and double as one of the Vice-Presidents at the Marine Corps University. (Yes, the Marine Corps actually has an accredited university that grants masters degrees in several disciplines.)

I’m also a part-time antiquarian bookseller, Read’Em Again Books, and do several bookfairs and antique shows in the DC/Baltimore area each year.

Oh, here’s a couple of pictures: one of where I used to work and one of where I work now. Big difference. (The research center is the building with the large white cupola. The university is the building in the foreground with the small white cupola.)

R/Kurt

Where I Used to Work.jpg

Where I Work Now.jpg

lonlangione

Members
I work in a bb stacking plant.... No really I kick elephants in the a** for B. T. Barnum Circus, no really I sell doors, garage doors, entry doors, storm doors, rolling doors, slat doors, curtain doors, cellar doors, attic stairway doors. You could say I work in the home access industry. I also sell the operators to open and close these things. And business is booming right now despite what they say in the news.......

Lonny