• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did you do to your tank(s) today?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Hey Jason I may be interested in buying a A. Banischi male. I think I got two females in the pair I but at the Apisto talk. I did water changes and feed live food to my Apistos hoping to induce some breeding again.

mscichlid

Founder
Finally got the last DIY wooden rack out. Disassembled and destroyed. Moved the empty 120 in its new spot. Still have to level it and all, but the fishroom feels good now.

Behind on wc's and hope to get those done tomorrow.

Fed the new batch of angel fry frozen brine shrimp. Hopefully, I can get this batch to get beyond free-swimming.

JasonC

Members
Definitely. I'll have a better idea of what and how many I have when I pull everyone out of the 10 gal. I have a feeling I may have an abundance of males... so maybe we could work out a trade if you don't need the 2nd Female?

Hey Jason I may be interested in buying a A. Banischi male. I think I got two females in the pair I but at the Apisto talk. I did water changes and feed live food to my Apistos hoping to induce some breeding again.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I did water changes on 13 tanks today. Hopefully this weekend I'll be setting up a tank for new fish : )

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Since I have a bunch of empty tanks running, yesterday I pulled a few holding females.

Today they let the fry go so I put the females back ino their tanks.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Just got done feeding the tanks with the sample blackworms from the meeting on Saturday. Everything goes absolutely nuts for them. Too bad I don't have a spare fridge to keep them in. My wife is really good about indulging my fish habit, but she draws the line with worms in the fridge more than every once in a while.

I did water changes on all the tanks yesterday. I moved my large adult male severum from my 120 into my 180. He was getting to be a bully with the more peaceful south americans in the 120. He should get along fine with the big centrals. He's every bit of 8" at this point and about 1 1/2 inches thick.

I started planning on how to shuffle some things around in my tanks. I have pairs that have formed up in some grow out tanks and they need their own tanks to be happy. I've got a plan that may actually free up a bit of space for a short period.

TOMMYN3D

Members
Moved alot of fish around this weekend. Bought a group of Aulonocara Stuartgranti Rubenscens at the CCA meeting that I didn't expect to even get.So I set up a 10 gallon quarantine tank Saturday night when I got home(good thing I keep extra filters on tanks). Brought home a group of Haps from a pre-sale from the ECC member and gave them a empty tank that I had fish in that I took to the auction.Today Monday I split up 18 3 inch Placidochromis SP. Jalo group into two tanks. Replaced the tank that they were in with a group of Benga Peacocks.

I have a group of Cyrtocara Moorii to move to get them to breed.They are in my 125gal. and the tank mates always steal the eggs as the female drops them. Its a busey tank so that will wait until the middle of this week.

londonloco

Members
I was away for a week, house sitter tries. She is a dog person, so my 3 were happy to see me, but alive and well when I got home. My tanks, well, despite an excel spreadsheet with explicit instructions, she overfeeds, a lot. So I spend 4 hours yesterday doing major wc's and algae removal. I'm gone again for a few days after Xmas, sigh, just about the same time I should have them back in shape.

Buckcich

Members
Loni if you just going away for a few days, why bother to feed them. IMO They will be better off than poisoning them with extra food.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Sunday, after selling some fish and shrimp at the meeting on Saturday, I moved some corydoras around, including the Gold Lasers I got from Mike Barber a year ago, and did a lot of water changes.

Monday, they -- the Gold Lasers -- spawned.

Wednesday I did another water change, and they spawned Wednesday night.

Interestingly, I also moved the Gold Lasers in August, and they spawned shortly afterwards. Other than these instances, I've only found a few eggs.

Having to catch and move fish is a very difficult way to trigger spawning. . .

JasonC

Members
HUGE confidance boost...

Just pulled the A. baenschi from the 10gal they have been growing out in since ACA, and was EXTREMELY surprised to find *all* present and accounted for still!!!

Think I have a good number of beautiful females, but am hoping that a male or two pops up now that they realize the dominant male that i took out earlier (to disastrous result) is actually gone.

Of course I say this with an extreme amount of knocking on wood as I know I am cursing myself by posting this... :rolleyes:

They are currently on an extremely slow drip acclimation to the 20G Long they will continue to grow in til some pairs start forming.

<timid>Yay!</timid>

londonloco

Members
Loni if you just going away for a few days, why bother to feed them. IMO They will be better off than poisoning them with extra food.

^+1
House sitter can just do the dogs!

I know, I know. I might try that this Xmas. I have two tanks with fry, one w/Punks, the other Multi's. I worry about the babies not getting enough to eat, or the adults eating the fry from not being fed daily...whadda think?

mscichlid

Founder
Don't worry about the fry. The parents will breed again. Sometimes you just have to let go and enjoy your vacation. Thre or four days is cool, IMHO.

If they were SA fry, I'd say put a small amount of microworms or blackworms, depending on how big the fry are.