• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you bringing for the Auction at the Feb meeting

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, weather permitting, the meeting is only a little over a week away.
What are you bringing.

NYfan78

Members
I really wanted to make it and chexk it out, but i have to help my mom move uggg . Def will be at the next!!!!!

marge618

CCA member
Money and maybe a prospective member.

By next Saturday everybody should be ready to get out of the house and go 'fishing'. In this case it's the people we want to 'hook' as new members.

Let's see, if we each brought a newbie..

maddog10

Members
I may not make this meeting. I have been trying to get to the Eastern Shore for the last two Saturdays, with no luck. I REALLY need to get over there and pick up some dead animals, the taxidermist needs the space (I have a lot of pieces over there), lol. Plus I think he wants the rest of the money I owe him :wacko:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have furcata rainbows, otocinclus, darkheaded bumble bee shrimp, green babaulti shrimp, black babaulti shrimp, cac. orange apisto unsexed juvies, a dozen or so hatchets left, and amano shrimp available for me to bring to the meeting. I can post pics of any or all if anyone is interested. I also have ameca splendens fry available as well.

toddnbecka

Members
I'm planning on bringing a couple bags of hornwort, whatever duckweed I thin out my tanks, and a handful of acrylic hex rod. The hex rod is 9/16" diameter, and can be cut to fit for replacing a center brace or used for a variety of other things. Also some old parts and pieces that I have lying around...

mab

Members
Gynnotus carapo

I brought back in my suitcase a small Carapo knife from the Amazon. If we have the meeting on Saturday I'll put it in the auction as a teaser for my March meeting presentation.

Michael

Cartel

Members
I think I'm going to have to miss this meeting unfortunatly.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm bringing a TR for David G, money and my buddy Shawn. He's gonna join. :)

I have furcata rainbows, otocinclus, darkheaded bumble bee shrimp, green babaulti shrimp, black babaulti shrimp, cac. orange apisto unsexed juvies, a dozen or so hatchets left, and amano shrimp available for me to bring to the meeting. I can post pics of any or all if anyone is interested. I also have ameca splendens fry available as well.

Rach, you have any pics of the forktail rainbows? How big are they? Sexable?

DonkeyFish

Members

Oh Tony!! Get the furcatas! They are super neat little fish--especially in a planted tank!! But you have to get a good number so they school... :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Oh Tony!! Get the furcatas! They are super neat little fish--especially in a planted tank!! But you have to get a good number so they school... :)

Yeah, thinking of throwing a few into my 45 in my kitchen.

Someday, I'll setup a 75 planted. I do love me some rainbow fish. :)

EDIT: Cool video I just found of schooling furcatas:

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVO8Jwib9ZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVO8Jwib9ZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

msjinkzd

invert junkie

I have about 50, more females than males but a good ratio (haven't counted specifically, lol). They have so far been qt'd for 2 weeks with one death (this one was skinny from the beginning). here are a few pics:
amanos and furcatas 002.jpg

amanos and furcatas 008.jpg

amanos and furcatas 016.jpg

amanos and furcatas 002.jpg

amanos and furcatas 008.jpg

amanos and furcatas 016.jpg