• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The AquaMania 2 Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ading522

Members
Took a pic towards the ending.. Grabbed some nice buccochromis spectabilis and fish from davesrarefish! Can't wait for tomorrow.. I wouldn't call it silent auction though..some people left towards the end, but it was a nice auction with a couple fishes going for over $100..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1393733522919.jpg

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
The auction was awesome! I ended up walking out with 7 juvie amphilophus amarillo (some are under an inch!), 4 wild caught amphilophus labiatus (2 for sale at my table today!, I only wanted 2 but I could only find bags of 4), 1 wild caught bahia oscar (huge!), and 5 little banjo cats (growing out in a 10 before they meet my big male banjo).

Ading522

Members
is there a list of the fish sold at the auction? just curious to see what was available.

if you had registered for mygroupauctions, there is a list there, as well as a list of what can be seen for mini auctions after every CCA meeting..i think its still there..it usually closes after the event..but in some cases, isnt updated that quick.. there was an awesome star sapphire pair that went for $80 if i remember correctly..very awesome auction.. can't wait for the marketplace today, and for the PVAS spring tag sale..not much africans the last time, but auctions are always fun and interesting what you can get..hope you can join one sometime..after CCA meetings are always best..if you still didn't know, we have them every 2 Saturday of every month except if not scheduled, and there is always a mini auction after..

frankoq

Members
if you had registered for mygroupauctions, there is a list there, as well as a list of what can be seen for mini auctions after every CCA meeting..i think its still there..it usually closes after the event..but in some cases, isnt updated that quick.. there was an awesome star sapphire pair that went for $80 if i remember correctly..very awesome auction.. can't wait for the marketplace today, and for the PVAS spring tag sale..not much africans the last time, but auctions are always fun and interesting what you can get..hope you can join one sometime..after CCA meetings are always best..if you still didn't know, we have them every 2 Saturday of every month except if not scheduled, and there is always a mini auction after..

Thanks for the info and yes I plan on attending the meetings.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Only about 80 lots in last night's Rare Fish Auction...but all really good - and unusual stuff. All donations. So grateful for the generosity!

Thanks to Mike O'Shea, Jim, Christine, Andrew Schwartz, Jon, Tony and everyone who made the auction run like a clock...even with a new credit card process. I heard not a complaint.

Thanks to Kurt Johnston who did a masterful job of auctioneering. Thanks to Rusty, Pam, Anton and Shane for sharing insight on fish that no one else had heard about. It helps get the bids higher :)

And thanks to the BABES who have been raising money and inspiring people to care about cichlid conservation for 20 years! A nice donation check is coming their way on behalf of the CCA and AquaMania...

Matt

frankoq

Members
Sounds like a fantastic event and very well organized!
THANK you to all that have work on this.
I can't wait to be there today.

Wow, what an event! So cool to see the group come together and put on quite a show. Auction was great lots of neat stuff including the lda33 I walked with.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frankoq

Members
Great event. Thanks to all for organizing. the Marketplace was fantastic with lots of good stuff. some pics coming soon.

frankoq

Members
Pics as promised.

Sunday Cichlid talk about to start:
9CACF2AC-A25F-488F-83BB-D91DFCA20F58_zpsdtvmvgcc.jpg

Line for Marketplace (I went straight to Pat's table):
789CFF55-9D7C-4F21-A604-6A53B2B336E1_zpsvfhgkkfb.jpg

My kids helping me pick fish from Pat's table:
5EF7E3CD-409D-4E82-8D28-F11DAAD619FB_zps9ktdg5va.jpg

We'll take THAT red empress:
139EE10A-EC5B-40FD-9E50-E1F31F1C0114_zps91dqg3mx.jpg

frankoq

Members
I left the place with a jug of NLS, awesome t-shirts, and a bag full of fish!!!

good day except for the incoming snow. :(

2D7E7D06-22A3-447C-9E88-6DD34D1BE583_zpswwexklot.jpg

Slayz_

Members
Aquamania 2 Fun

It was my first time and it was great, happy it was such a great turn out. Took some pictures of some things, people, and exhibits. Most definitely going back !

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg