• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tangled Up In Cichlids Pre-Order for Delivery to the BFD

DBLN8

Members
Thank you Jeff for the Trimacs and the Gold Nugget Pleco. It was my pleasure to meet you today.

Jeff thanks for the Green Phantom Pleco, instead of flipping the coin to decide between the Blue and Green I should have gotten both. Lol. Thanks again it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

blkmjk

Members
Jeff,

I throughly enjoyed chatting with you and your wife again. Thanks for holding the ornatums for me. Can't wait to set up that 210 and snag a ray from you.

AND huge thanks to Tony for picking them up for me anticipating a quick sellout of this prize fish.

Drew

spazmattik

Members
Jeff,

I throughly enjoyed chatting with you and your wife again. Thanks for holding the ornatums for me. Can't wait to set up that 210 and snag a ray from you.

AND huge thanks to Tony for picking them up for me anticipating a quick sellout of this prize fish.

Drew

ahhh ha! so thats what happened. Did Jon Get the atromacs?

dogofwar

CCA Members
There must be a few more folks who wish that they pulled the trigger on some cool stuff at AquaMania. I'm shocked that every one of those wild Lake Nicaragua Amphilophus labiatus wasn't sold (many were) and one was donated to the Rare Fish Auction (Thanks Jeff and Kate). Those are the real deal!

Shipping's only ~$25 for a box from him. Find a buddy or two and your pangs of regret will go away (for like $8) :)

Matt

He might just have some more back at his shop...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Folks picked up some great stuff!

I got a group of Rio Animas, Costa Rica convicts, a pair of wild Archocentrus centrarchus and the pair of wild Acaronia nassa from Peru in the Rare Fish Auction.

It was great having Jeff and Kate attend for the whole event. Great opportunity to hang out with some truly knowledgeable and nice folks...and for lots of folks to get great fish!

Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
We really should be proud that Jeff and Kate picked our event to spend the weekend with us. They do very few other (if any) events every year. The business keeps them very busy and we've been blessed to have them for a couple of BFDs now.

While I mostly keep breeder groups of smaller of peckoltia, hypans and ancicstrus, I couldn't turn down the opportunity to take home a gorgeous L067 to live with my discus:

1.jpg

Cheers Jeff and Kate. Can't wait to see you soon!

bigguapote

Members
I cannot say enough thanks to everyone involved in the Aquamania event.
I may have tried, but it sounded like having a sneezing fit (thank you, thank you, thank you!)

The CCA cast was better than ever. By mentioning some folks by name, I am subjecting myself to the accidental exclusion of others that no doubt deserve recognition as well. But I have to say this.

Jon (with the 'I'm your Huckleberry' shirt). As I recall of Twain's Huck Finn character, he connived others to willingly do his work for him by use of wit. If that's the concept behind the statement on Jon's shirt, it truly does not apply to his role in the Aquamania events! Perhaps he practiced strategic delegation at his day job, but certainly not around the fish people. Jon rocks.

Tony was our knight in shining black hair! Relentless in taking control of any and all matters, large or small. Just don't mention his daughter, Margaret, too often around him - he gets all mushy :wink:

Andrew, Christine, Becca, Matt, Michael, and each person whom I did not mention because my head's so full of useless Latin fish names, some people's names may spill out my ears. Thank you so much!

Great line up of speakers and topics.

Kate had never seen Kevin do the auctioneer gig. I have not in years, so we were completely entertained - as were all the people in that room I think. I cannot imagine of a more motivational person to fill that role. It looked like a really great fund raiser for the club too.

Michael's provision of photographic references for the species in the auction was key.

The web page for the event is also a great resource of information.
I liked the list of restaurants page.

We've already been to the Korean, Peruvian, Vietnamese, and other local places to eat in previous years.
We found an excellent Thai restaurant this past Friday night and on Saturday night we went to Silk Road, the Uzbeki restaurant located only 1 1/2 miles from the Hilton. For you locals, I highly recommend trying it. Be sure to try kutabi (think Uzbeki-style meat or veggie stuffed patty).
Their prices are embarrassingly affordable.
Please keep them in business so we can go again next year :smile:

I want to be sure to mention that the pre-order portion of sales has been great each year. Once again, the CCA is light years ahead of any other trade show I've attended when it comes to advertising the pre-order option.

I never know what to bring to stock the tanks from which I sell fish.
By taking pre-orders, at least I know which fish will have new homes after the weekend.

Kate and I had a great time - again. We met some great new folks and greeted others we've met in previous years.

The most memorable sale was to the couple that, as mentioned on this thread, literally flipped a coin over which pleco to get - green or blue phantom.
You two were a hoot!

I'm sorry if I soaked anyone that happened to be near our table when I was refilling the tanks Sunday AM in the vendor room.

The hose had so much water pressure going into it that when I switched the valve to full open, it flew out of the tank. This was akin to a hose through which you would backwash a pool filter, or a hose attached to a fire hydrant. For a few seconds (or longer, it happened really fast), the hose writhed about the floor and took on a life of it's own.

I'm quite sure the worst soaking was self-absorbed. The hose did a dance on the floor while aimed straight up between my legs!
Terrell may have a photo of that.
At least it was warm water :blush:

Thanks so much again to everyone who attended and especially to those picked up fish and dry goods.

The growing attendance of the CCA event, coupled with a productive auction and general vendor success will hopefully enable us all to continue enjoying an annual dose of Aquamania!

Last edited by a moderator:

Becca

Members
Thank you for coming and for continuing to be a great source of fish, knowledge, and support for the club.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App