• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Sep 10 2008, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Discus-Hans @ Sep 10 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, Joanne wants a head count.

Who want to come to the fish house after Disk's talk and after that to my house, it will be probably dark when we arrive (no BBQ in the dark) at the house so Joanne wants to prepare sandwiches and some other stuff (I think)
I'll take care of the drinks easy enough, a lot of beer, coke, water, ORANGE for Pat, etc.

Okay who???

Hans[/b]

Count me in. I am looking forward to seeing the fish house. The get together at your house afterwards too.
Marge Collins
[/b][/quote]

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Sep 12 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone want red shoulder severum? This the ones they call rotkiel. If you say you want them, I'll bring some. I'll bring them in a bucket and your net and bag will come in handy because I am not bringing them and the bucket goes home wth me. Did I mention these are free? Not feeders. Six should be all you need and Francine cannot have them for her pikes. These fish are an inch or two long so you get to raise them, not pick off low hanging BAP points.

George[/b]

Got six more?

TMS

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Sep 12 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone want red shoulder severum? This the ones they call rotkiel. If you say you want them, I'll bring some. I'll bring them in a bucket and your net and bag will come in handy because I am not bringing them and the bucket goes home wth me. Did I mention these are free? Not feeders. Six should be all you need and Francine cannot have them for her pikes. These fish are an inch or two long so you get to raise them, not pick off low hanging BAP points.

George[/b]

George: I just found this post. Sounds like fun. Count me in for 6 if it's not too late. Thanks for the offer.

Kevin, Rob, Paul, me (4 so far?). We could treat this like a trial 'fish off contest'.
Marge

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we

mscichlid

Founder
WOW! What a meeting! At the peak there were close to 90 people at the meeting! Unbelievable! You guys are the greatest!

I have never witnessed a speaker who assisted in setup and take down like Dick Au. A BIG thank you to all who assisted in making sure today's meeting went off without a hitch. A lot of new faces, a lot of new members and a lot of folks who assisted as runners. I cannot thank you enough!

maddog10

Members
WOW!

It was nearly standing room only, Dick Au knows how to throw a party! His talk was GREAT and he drew people from MD, VA, DC, PA, NJ, NY, CT and there may be more that I missed!

The mini auction was HUGE, pushing 200 items. If you stayed to the end, there were some outstanding deals.

WOW!

Thanks to EVERYONE who came out, this club just gets better and better.

WOW!

F8LBITE

Members
It was an awesome meeting, it was great seeing everybody. Dick definitely got me excited about Discus and im definitely going to set up a Discus tank soon. Thanks to Amanda and her dad for my awesome fish, thanks Pat for the Sulfur head, and I also scored 3 Cyrtocara Moori and they are really nice fish. Sarah it was nice meeting you in person. Big thanks to everyone who made the meeting possible, I look forward to next month!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yes, I want to thank all that came out today.
That was our largest regular club meeting yet.
Long day but well worth it.

I also wanted to thank everyone who helped out especially those that helped set up and take the room down and to Michael Barber (PVAS President) for taking on the auctioneering. I know he was exhausted by the end. It gave me the time to smooze a little. lol

Julie

Members

It was indeed a great day! Sorry I missed the social hour beforehand, but the treat of going over to Han's later more than made up for it!

I can't wait to see the pics we took at Han's.. esp the one of Dick and Hans *standing* together!! :wink:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks for coming down Julie.
Some of us went to Han's house after the fish house. I got home at 1130 and we left with a bunch still there. lol

And I want to thank Hans and Joanne for putting up with us all and then laying out a spread fit for a king, for us to eat.

Paul S

Yesterday was my first CCA meeting and it was a lot of fun. I thought Dick's presentation was outstanding. As a new member, I'm looking forward to attending more meetings and learning much more about cichlids.
Paul S.

BTW Marge, thanks again for prodding me to but the raffle tickets!!! (both tickets were winners) :)

longstocking

Members
F8LBITEva it was great to meet you as well ! Always nice to finally put a face to a name !

Thanks You again Hans ! It gave me some great ideas for when we move.

Thank you everyone for helping ! I saw quite a few of you helping me with chairs :)

Guys we had a great time and we loved to have to all over, showed the fish house and feed you.

Dick's talk was great, he's a great guy.

We had some problems getting there and are now in the works (although Joanne is) to get everything solved with the insurance.

Joanne & Hans

Please if you've pictures, email them to me discus-hans@comcast.net