• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting

Sonny Disposition

Hi Hans. I'd like to come to the fish house, but probably won't be able to stay for the house house. If you don't mind, I'll plan on bringing my camera. I'm trying to automate my own, (much smaller) set up, and would like to take photos of your set up and equipment.

I'd take pictures of your fish, but with my photo skills, they probably won't come out.

Thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Discus-Hans @ Sep 10 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay, Joanne wants a head count.

Who want to come to the fish house after Disk's talk and after that to my house, it will be probably dark when we arrive (no BBQ in the dark) at the house so Joanne wants to prepare sandwiches and some other stuff (I think)
I'll take care of the drinks easy enough, a lot of beer, coke, water, ORANGE for Pat, etc.

Okay who???

Hans[/b]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Mr. Hans, I would be delighted to come to your fish house.

Both my wife and daughter are also looking forward to seeing your amazing facility, so put us on the list for 3.

Thanx,

Richard M

SubMariner

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maddog10 @ Sep 10 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I refuse to go to either! :p :happy0007:

I live to far away (in the opposite direction).[/b]

To be honest I was hoping for that but I didn't want to say it, glad you thought of that yourself,

Thanks,

Hans :sign0173: :p

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maddog10 @ Sep 10 2008, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I refuse to go to either! :p :happy0007:

I live to far away (in the opposite direction).[/b]

1) Wimp

2) In the civilized world we have these things called hotels!! You have a grand time at Hansie's place, grab a "friend" at a locale pub, and, well, I hope that you can take it from there!!

TMS

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, this meeting looks like it will be a blast.

I pick up the speaker Friday evening.(the flight gods willing) :angel2:

Seems like we should have a bunch of visitors.

I have had a couple people ask about donating items to the auction. Cool

Please make sure you put some name tags on and make everyone feel at home.
We could have a good recruiting day. If you have a club tshirt please advertise. lol

Recruit, recruit, recruit. lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's getting late to have 100 in 2008.

Sonny Disposition

Go with your daughter. If I told you how fast they grow up, you wouldn't believe me. There'll be lots of time for fish meetings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Sep 11 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make the meeting on Saturday.

It seems that I'm going to be hanging out with my little one and Elmo in Baltimore at this: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150040CE98B33FAE

Matt[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonny Disposition @ Sep 11 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Go with your daughter. If I told you how fast they grow up, you wouldn't believe me. There'll be lots of time for fish meetings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Sep 11 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems that I'm going to be hanging out with my little one and Elmo in Baltimore at this: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150040CE98B33FAE

Matt[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I'm 110% with you #$%^%& the fish, this is much more important (I'm not kidding this time)

Hans

dogofwar

CCA Members
That's why I have a date with Siena (my little one) and Elmo :)

As an aside, I got some superworms last night (double plastic bagged). My wife hates them, but Siena is fascinated. Siena explained to my wife - while carrying the worms - why she souldn't be scared, "They're just worms, Mama. They won't hurt you." So cute!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Discus-Hans @ Sep 11 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonny Disposition @ Sep 11 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Sep 11 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matt[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I'm 110% with you #$%^%& the fish, this is much more important (I'm not kidding this time)

Hans
[/b][/quote]

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Sep 12 2008, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's why I have a date with Siena (my little one) and Elmo :)

As an aside, I got some superworms last night (double plastic bagged). My wife hates them, but Siena is fascinated. Siena explained to my wife - while carrying the worms - why she souldn't be scared, "They're just worms, Mama. They won't hurt you." So cute![/b]

:angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

My wife always wrote down the cute stuff.
Like "Mommy why are the called branches on the tree but sticks on the ground"

Paul S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Sep 12 2008, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As an aside, I got some superworms last night...[/b]
I know this is slightly off subject but I never heard of "superworms" before. I googled it and they look like giant mealworms. Do you feed them to your fish? All my fish go nuts for black worms and frozen bloodworms, but I've never heard of superworms before....

dogofwar

CCA Members
Superworms are like big mealworms. They're actually beetle larvae. SCALES has them (as do some other stores).

I'm a big fan because they don't require refrigeration, are relatively inexpensive (I think 50-60/$4) and are packed with protein goodness. They're much better than feeder fish and less messy than earthworms or red worms.

The fish store on 355 in Gaithersburg feeds them color flake food to gutload them.

I use them whole for larger fish and tear them in pieces for smaller ones.

A word of caution: they can eat through a single plastic fish bag. I keep mine in a tupperware bin (sealed with small holes).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Paul S @ Sep 12 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Sep 12 2008, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As an aside, I got some superworms last night...[/b]
I know this is slightly off subject but I never heard of "superworms" before. I googled it and they look like giant mealworms. Do you feed them to your fish? All my fish go nuts for black worms and frozen bloodworms, but I've never heard of superworms before....
[/b][/quote]

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Does anyone want red shoulder severum? This the ones they call rotkiel. If you say you want them, I'll bring some. I'll bring them in a bucket and your net and bag will come in handy because I am not bringing them and the bucket goes home wth me. Did I mention these are free? Not feeders. Six should be all you need and Francine cannot have them for her pikes. These fish are an inch or two long so you get to raise them, not pick off low hanging BAP points.

George

Spine

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Sep 12 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone want red shoulder severum? This the ones they call rotkiel. If you say you want them, I'll bring some. I'll bring them in a bucket and your net and bag will come in handy because I am not bringing them and the bucket goes home wth me. Did I mention these are free? Not feeders. Six should be all you need and Francine cannot have them for her pikes. These fish are an inch or two long so you get to raise them, not pick off low hanging BAP points.

George[/b]
Thanks George, I could use six.