• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting

mscichlid

Founder
September 13th

Dick Au - San Francisco, CA - Breeding and Raising Discus -Discus basic care

Is it too early to ask who's coming and what you're bringing? :p

Bring those extra potential members, too!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I'm coming and bringing another neighbor, Ed Most. Ed is an accomplished breeder of Discus, a beer drinker, a cigar smoker, and has other fine qualities too.

See you there.

George

cyradis4

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Aug 4 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
...a beer drinker, a cigar smoker, and has other fine qualities too.

See you there.

George[/b]

Your deffinition of fine qualities and mine are rather different, I see.....

But regardless, barring disaster, dad and I will be there. Don't know if I'll be bringing anything yet though..... Ask me again at the end of August!!!!! Where it will be closer to two weeks away....

Later!
Amanda.

mscichlid

Founder
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Aug 4 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm coming and bringing another neighbor, Ed Most. Ed is an accomplished breeder of Discus, a beer drinker, a cigar smoker, and has other fine qualities too.

See you there.

George[/b]

He sounds like my kind of guy!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonny Disposition @ Aug 5 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm bringing a longstanding appreciation for chicken wings, and gratitude to those who bring chicken wings.[/b]

And I thought they came from Buffaloes! I certainly am on a losing streak lately. It could be the depravation one suffers in a summer without CCA meetings.

As Chad and Jeremy asked "Will I see you in September, or lose you to a . . well you know the rest of it or you are too young to know it at all"

George

longstocking

Members
Well, I'm bringing Bill !! HA !! He loves discus so he will be happy.

Not 100% on what I'm going to bring but these are some that will most likely pop up in the auction.

Ocellatus gold
Chalinochromis brichardi
Leleupi
Julidochromis mar.
N. brichardi " red dot"

Cigars... YUMMY ! Beer YUMMY.... Bill and I's kind of guy !!! He will fit right in :)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Aug 4 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

See you there.

George[/b]

George, you know me, I love the Cigars especially the Cuban ones.;) He'll fit right in. :lol:

RM

SubMariner

mscichlid

Founder
Okay, I'm going to bring a box of Aquaclear mini filters with a few box filters. Some of them aren't complete. A few single tube lights, with and without bulbs, and a bag of Soilmaster Red. I may bring a large, and I mean a LARGE piece of driftwood. I'll take pictures of the pieces I have and on meeting day decide which one I'll bring.

If I come up with anything else I'll post it.

Francine

longstocking

Members
ok I MIGHT bring a young proven pair of Brevis. Anyone interested? If there is no interest... they will be left at home.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
¶ The auction will include items that you bring, along with a Fluval 205 from Hagen. That’s right, this filter sells for over $100.00 and can be yours for an auction price. But you have to play to win.

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Aug 4 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

See you there.

George[/b]

Not much into cigars but the beer/discus combo are right up my alley; although I'm a better beer drinker - now Hansie: THERE is a man truly accomplished at both!!! :happy0180:

As to other talents, well, lets hope they don't involve farm animals. :D

TMS

P.S. It'll be great to see ya'll again!! :smile:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay

so it looks like this meeting is growing. Along with our NAME

We are attracting attention from other areas now.

There may be some guys coming down from the New Jersey clubs to hear our speaker. I was asked at the ACA convention if it was okay for them to attend,but I have not heard anything since.

And now, thanks to Hans, there are people coming from all over the US and some from Canada to hear Dick Au. Hans mentioned the meeting on one of the Discus forums and I now have posts and pm's from a person in CT, one from NJ and one from Ontario that are all coming to the meeting and then going to Hans' place. I have 3 for sure and several possibles so far.

So our name is getting out there.

The more people we have the more fun.

You also saw Hans has mentioned the possibility of bringing some fish.

Don't forget to bring fish for the auction.

This is working up to being like the Ad Konnings meeting from last year. We had 70 people at that one. Lets break that record.

I may work on a suprise or two. We will see.

longstocking

Members
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMY !!!
I like suprises !!

I can't wait to meet all the new people !

Come say hello to me at the raffle table !! :woman2: :woman2: :woman2: :tongue0011: :tongue0011: :tongue0011: :woman2: :woman2: :woman2:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Now that Sarah will be at the raffle table, tickets will sell like Hotcakes. :angel2:

Seriously!

RM

SubMariner