• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PRIZES announced for AQUARIUM BEAUTIFUL CONTEST

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
PRIZES announced for Aquarium Beautiful Contest

AQUAFEST 2013 IS OCTOBER 18, 19, AND 20TH.
HOSTED BY PVAS, CCA, AND GWAPA

FOR INFORMATION OF THE LOCATION AND REGISTRATION GO TO http://aquafest2013.org

At this convention there will be an Aquarium Beautiful Contest.
There will be cash prizes you can win by entering one or more aquariums in any or all of three categories:
Nano (under 10 gallon aquariums)
Medium (10 to 29 gallon aquariums)
Large (30 gallons or larger)

The GRAND CHAMPION WINNER will go home with over $100.

Email your entries to ABContest@aquafest2013.org

The contest rules are listed at http://aquafest2013.org

The Aquarium Beautiful Contest will transform the AquaFest lobby into an aquatic visual paradise and features an exhibition of aquascaped freshwater aquariums of all shapes and sizes. The competition for the best aquascaped aquarium will be judged by the participants and by the public. People registered for the convention will get one ballot with their convention goodie bag. They will be able to buy additional ballets for $2 each or 6 for $10. For each ballot purchased you will get a raffle ticket in the raffle for one of the two tanks used in the Iron Aquascaper Contest, at least a $250 value.

To vote simply put the number of the aquarium you are voting for on the ballot and turn it in.

You will want to come just to see how others decorated/landscaped their tanks and what fish they choose to display/show off. And bring your camera.

Awards will be given for the first three places in each category (Nano, Medium and Large tanks), plus a Grand Champion (i.e., Best in Show). In addition to ribbons and framed certificates, the cash prizes to be awarded are:
Grand Champion $100
First place in each category $50
Second place in each category $20
Third place in each category $10

There is no charge to enter one, 10, or any number of aquariums, just be sure to let us know the number of aquariums you are entering and in which class. Email your entries to ABContest@aquafest2013.org
Just give us the class and number of tanks you plan to enter in that class.

Don’t forget your camera. See you there.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
UPDATE:

There are nine entries so far.

There are great spaces for 8 medium and 8 large tanks with their own stands against a wall or column in the tiled area of the lobby with wall electrical outlets.

For nano tanks two 10-socket outlet strips will be under the tables which should hold up to 20 nanotanks or a number of 10-gallon tanks. These tables will also be in the tiled area of the lobby.

Just send me a note saying that you are entering a tank and what size it is, and you will be entered. I will reply with your tank number, to be used by the public in voting for the best aquarium.

My email is cowherdfg@gmail.com.
cleardot.gif