• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

November meeting

maddog10

Members
Im looking for large peices of driftwood, preferably presoaked but let me know what you got.

I have some REALLY large pieces (they take up most of a 75). They are Malaysian and have been in my tanks at some point and have been sitting out on the back porch for the last few months. I will bring a couple for you to look at if you want. They are $50 each.

F8LBITE

Members
Cool Mike ill check em out. They dont have to be huge pieces but nice big ones will do. Minifoot ill check yours out too. Im looking to spend around $20-$30

chris_todd

Members
I have some REALLY large pieces (they take up most of a 75). They are Malaysian and have been in my tanks at some point and have been sitting out on the back porch for the last few months. I will bring a couple for you to look at if you want. They are $50 each.

Mike, I've been interested in those for a while, so I'll definitely be happy to look at anything you are willing to bring. Amy and I are considering setting up a malaysian biotope-themed paludarium in something like a 110xh, so one of your pieces might be perfect. Got any pics?

maddog10

Members
I've tried pics of these, but have never been happy with how they come out. You just can't get the 3D look you need to visualize just how they will fit in the tanks. That is why I have always asked folks to come by and check them out in person (especially the monster pieces I have in the shed). I need to remember to throw these in the truck Friday night, lot going on Saturday morning before the meeting.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I want to thank everyone for the turn out yesterday. I think the official count at the peak was 84 adults and 17 children. Man we continue to grow.

I also want to thank the food committee for taking the load the last few months.

I want to thank our VP for running the bulk of the meeting.
I really could get used to that. HMMMMMM.......

I want to thank the guys that were the auctioneers also.(Kurt, Lonnie, and Andrew?) That too takes a load off of me and it allowed me to attend a post action meeting on Aquafest.

I do have a couple of complaints too.

Please, if you get there late, find a seat and wait till the speaker is done. It is very distracting having people come in late, talk, try to register fish, get food etc. One person recently wanted to buy tickets and ask about a shirt during the presentation. Please just think about it and wait till the speaker is done. We bring most of them in from a long distance just to talk to us for an hour or so. 1 or 2 people getting food or a drink is one thing but having 20 people in 5 minutes is getting bad. And noisy!
The exception to this should be all the people that are working behind the tables. Most of the time that is the only chance they get to grab a drink or something.
And yes you will see me up and around at times. Thats the best time for me to get a good head count. lol

The second item has come up 4 meetings in a row.
The mini auction. 1st off, if you are selling something, it should be labeled as to exactly what it is. I have had 2 complaints recently on the fish. 1 complaint was that the fish that a person bought was not a pure bred and was obviously a hybrid or of mixed heritage. If you are selling your fish, please mark it if you know its not true. But on the other hand we give the buyers time to look at the fish. Don't bid on a fish that you have not looked at.... The other fish complaint was an obvious mislabled fish. Not even close...
The other 2 were on dry goods. Both were filters. Remember an auction is buyer beware. The club does not stand behind any item sold and will not refund or go to bat for you. Again there is another hand.... If you are selling something please label the condition if it is not obvious. We are there to exchange items, help each other and have fun. This is not a place to try to rip people off or make a living (and I am not saying anyone is doing this intentionally so don't get in an uproar. lol)
If someone is constantly a problem with the items they bring then they we will not except any more items or the person will be banned from the club.
Like I said, 4 meetings and 4 complaints. Lets (as Barney Fife would say) Nip it.

Sorry for the neg comments.
Lets have fun.
And the meetings are becoming fun for me again. :jumpy:

fischfan13

Banned

The other 2 were on dry goods. Both were filters. Remember an auction is buyer beware. The club does not stand behind any item sold and will not refund or go to bat for you. Again there is another hand.... If you are selling something please label the condition if it is not obvious. We are there to exchange items, help each other and have fun. This is not a place to try to rip people off or make a living (and I am not saying anyone is doing this intentionally so don't get in an uproar. lol)

I was the person with the two Emperor 400's. Didn't realize that I should have labeled the filters in their condition, but I will say this:
Those filters were BOTH pulled off my 125g on Friday night and were running fine. If Jose or Mike have a problem with either of them I would be more than happy to buy them back.

iamzrad

Members
_RAD0002.jpg

_RAD0003.jpg

_RAD0004.jpg

_RAD0005.jpg

_RAD0007.jpg

_RAD0008.jpg

_RAD0009.jpg

_RAD0010.jpg

_RAD0011.jpg

_RAD0015.jpg

No soup for you!
_RAD0013.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I was the person with the two Emperor 400's. Didn't realize that I should have labeled the filters in their condition, but I will say this:
Those filters were BOTH pulled off my 125g on Friday night and were running fine. If Jose or Mike have a problem with either of them I would be more than happy to buy them back.

Okay, did now want to offend anybody. Was not your filters.
Lets just leave it at that .

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
And the one this month was not a "does not work" type of complaint but more of a "this is not as clean as I thought" complaint.
The one last time worked but had a crack in the box and the seller did say he "did not know. Got it at a yard sale" so there is no intent there.
Just trying to remind everyone and cover the clubs butt, if you know what I mean. lol

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Thanks everyone for a great time!!! Larry's presentation was awesome and you guys were fantastic as usuall!!! Bill, my filter's runnin like a champ, thanks for bringing it ;) Sorry I was late guys, I tried to slip in as quietly as possible... my bad. Can't wait till next time!!!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Bumpidy bump...

Wow, we must of had over 80 people at our meeting and to top it off the food was Awesome. THanx Rachel:wink:

Also, Thank you Larry Johnson for your super presentation and we look forward to seeing you again someday soon. Lake Malawi looked incredible.

Thanx to all the members and board members who were instrumental in making this meeting happen. Thank you Pat for giving me the opportunity to take the platform today, it was pretty cool.

Hey MikeGrey, it was great to see you and all of our special dedicated brethren who travel galaxies just to hang out with us fish geeks. And that group includes Bill Barbito, Lonnie, Kurt, Ali, Bill Rocket, Tarcan, Calib, Maddog, Mike Barber, and the who ever I might have missed.

Also, Welcome to all the new Members too. :smile:))

Hey DQ, THANK YOU FOR ARRIVING WITH THE SODAS!!!:wink: WE WORRIED ABOUT U.

Hey Danger, you're suppose to be on top of DQ...ya know.

Kudos to our brother Kevin working behind the scenes on the Accounting side of our club. You da Man brah!

Anyways, had a great time and I look forward to seeing you guys at our December CCA X Mas Party at Francine's. Be there or be square.

RM