• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

November meeting

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
YEAH ALL WAS GOOD UNTIL THE CASH REGISTER WENT DOWN WITH MY SODA PURCHASE. IT TOOK THE MANAGER 15 MINUTES ON THE PHONE TO GET IT BACK UP. BY VTHEN I WAS STUCK. SORRY I WAS LATE. I'M USUALLY THERE EARLY. I WASN'T RESPONSIBLE. FOR ICE BUUT NEXT TIME WE NEED MORE THEN WHAT WAS BROUGHT. LOL THAT WAS A LOT OF WARM SODA. JUST A HEADS NOT DOWNING ANYONE.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I love the pictures.

Having those gives potential members an idea of what happens at a meeting.
Love it. Keep em comming.

hbgfish

Members
YEAH ALL WAS GOOD UNTIL THE CASH REGISTER WENT DOWN WITH MY SODA PURCHASE. IT TOOK THE MANAGER 15 MINUTES ON THE PHONE TO GET IT BACK UP. BY VTHEN I WAS STUCK. SORRY I WAS LATE. I'M USUALLY THERE EARLY. I WASN'T RESPONSIBLE. FOR ICE BUUT NEXT TIME WE NEED MORE THEN WHAT WAS BROUGHT. LOL THAT WAS A LOT OF WARM SODA. JUST A HEADS NOT DOWNING ANYONE.

Yea we do, sorry folks. Last two meetngs I have brought 2 bags and taken one full one and a partial home. This time I brought one and it didn't last. Dang guessing games!

oopps! This is supposed to be msjinkzd

kaj41354

Members
Wow Pat - Great Turnout. I just wanted to add a few things about the auction. There were many bags that it was difficult to read what was written on the bag. Some had several numbers, abbreviations, no designation on sexes or number of fish in the bag. It is difficult as an auctioneer to ID the fish when they are juvenile and/or streesed and you are looking at them through 2 bags thick and trying to move the auction along. When possible use a mailing label and try to have all the identification in one place. There were a few bags that were re-used bags and had several numbers and ID's on them. All dry goods should be labeled as to whether they are new/used, working/not, or condition unknown. And....the speaker was great and the food was good. OK - now back to prepping for ACLC tomorrow and OCA this weekend!

I want to thank everyone for the turn out yesterday. I think the official count at the peak was 84 adults and 17 children. Man we continue to grow.

I also want to thank the food committee for taking the load the last few months.

I want to thank our VP for running the bulk of the meeting.
I really could get used to that. HMMMMMM.......

I want to thank the guys that were the auctioneers also.(Kurt, Lonnie, and Andrew?) That too takes a load off of me and it allowed me to attend a post action meeting on Aquafest.

I do have a couple of complaints too.

Please, if you get there late, find a seat and wait till the speaker is done. It is very distracting having people come in late, talk, try to register fish, get food etc. One person recently wanted to buy tickets and ask about a shirt during the presentation. Please just think about it and wait till the speaker is done. We bring most of them in from a long distance just to talk to us for an hour or so. 1 or 2 people getting food or a drink is one thing but having 20 people in 5 minutes is getting bad. And noisy!
The exception to this should be all the people that are working behind the tables. Most of the time that is the only chance they get to grab a drink or something.
And yes you will see me up and around at times. Thats the best time for me to get a good head count. lol

The second item has come up 4 meetings in a row.
The mini auction. 1st off, if you are selling something, it should be labeled as to exactly what it is. I have had 2 complaints recently on the fish. 1 complaint was that the fish that a person bought was not a pure bred and was obviously a hybrid or of mixed heritage. If you are selling your fish, please mark it if you know its not true. But on the other hand we give the buyers time to look at the fish. Don't bid on a fish that you have not looked at.... The other fish complaint was an obvious mislabled fish. Not even close...
The other 2 were on dry goods. Both were filters. Remember an auction is buyer beware. The club does not stand behind any item sold and will not refund or go to bat for you. Again there is another hand.... If you are selling something please label the condition if it is not obvious. We are there to exchange items, help each other and have fun. This is not a place to try to rip people off or make a living (and I am not saying anyone is doing this intentionally so don't get in an uproar. lol)
If someone is constantly a problem with the items they bring then they we will not except any more items or the person will be banned from the club.
Like I said, 4 meetings and 4 complaints. Lets (as Barney Fife would say) Nip it.

Sorry for the neg comments.
Lets have fun.
And the meetings are becoming fun for me again. :jumpy: