• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

May CCA Meeting

Sonny Disposition

First of all, Robert, it's great that you had fun. You're the next generation of new hobbyists that Matt Quinn is talking about. We need knew people like you so it's not all old guys like me.

Second, I had fun too. That's not news, though. I always have fun. Every meeting I keep wondering if the meeting is going to be as good as the last one was. And every meeting lives up to my (high) expectations.

Our hard working president and dedicated board members did another great job.

Thanks very much.

cmcpart0422

Members
The speaker was great! Very interesting and lots of beautiful fish. I didn't stick around for the auction this time, I had to get home, but there were some really nice fish.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Just got back from taking Ad to the airport.

Made mention of great to see so many children.

Also said he as been to many 2 or 3 day conventions that did not have as many people as we had in the room for his talk. lol

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Gee Pat, that's funny that Ad should mention the number of kids because I thought we were short a few. I know at least two of our younger members didn't bring theirs along this time. I know it surprises some of the folks who know me but for some reason all the CCA kids bring a sort of family atmosphere to our meetings that adds a lot more than their little interruptions might detract.

Please don't hesitate to bring your rugrats:angel2:. We like 'em.

George

longstocking

Members
I will admit... I'm glad it's over ( I stress out when shipping other peoples fish, nervous that I might kill them). BUT.....

I had a fantastic time !! I got some fantastic fish....from the auction, Julie and Jose !!.

The snails I feel really bad about winning so cheap!! They are alive and doing well though :) And Rach.... I want more :) But I'll order them. I thought you were sold out...

Thanks everyone for making the box exchange a huge success !!

It was great meeting Mike after all these years....

The ECC group... you guys are fantastic for driving 3+ hours !!!

Man I was there early @12pm sharp, I was the first ONE! Then the company phone rang!! I had to leave to my building and check out an alarm that we had. To make my day worst It was somthing real simple and all i had to do was reset the fire panel.It took me about 20 mins!!!:angry3::mad: I am glad everyone enjoyed, I really wished I could have stayed:(

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I'm still in awe of the whole thing...

Pat, you really did a great job up there. Thanks so much for all that you do.

Sarah, it was an honor to meet you... and a long time coming.

Thanks again everyone for making yesterday one of the greatest experiences I've ever had, it won't soon be forgotten.

Hopefully I'll be back in November if not sooner, and this time I'll get around to more people.

Another note, I'll be green thru next year!!! Went ahead and paid for 2 years so that there's no lapse in my membership incase I'm not able to get back to a meeting for a while. Yup, you're stuck with me for a while now :)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I will admit... I'm glad it's over ( I stress out when shipping other peoples fish, nervous that I might kill them). BUT.....

I had a fantastic time !! I got some fantastic fish....from the auction, Julie and Jose !!.

The snails I feel really bad about winning so cheap!! They are alive and doing well though :) And Rach.... I want more :) But I'll order them. I thought you were sold out...

Thanks everyone for making the box exchange a huge success !!

It was great meeting Mike after all these years....

The ECC group... you guys are fantastic for driving 3+ hours !!!

I had a blast as always, and now feel guilty for not bringing my kids! I just took the opportunity to go alone and RAN with it, lol. They just love meetings and will be at the next one. Had a great time talking to more members as well!!

Don't feel bad about your deal Julie, LOL, just enjoy them! I only have redspots and clithon corona (spikey nerites) right now, but the next order is due to arrive in next week and will be several thousand snails of many species. I will post up the new thread with special "local" prices when they arrive and I get some pictures. Let me know if you have any questions! They are algae eating machines :D

I, being pretty clueless about cichlids in general, got ALOT out of the talk. I totally want to start a malawai tank now. I was fascinated and intrigued and that is how you know its a great speaker, when you are truly inspired.

See ya all next month! And Lonnie, sorry I left without the worms, I don't knwo how I managed to forget after mentioning it 3 times, LOL

fischfan13

Banned
Ladies of the CCA...
100_0181-1.jpg

Mike, in VERY deep thought...
100_0182.jpg

fischfan13

Banned
I cannot remember ever being welcomed as I was by the members of the CCA. Great group of people and an absolutely fantastic day!

A

AlishanAS

Here's my post from ECC this AM:

Bill arrived late
neener.gif
to my house and we hit the road a little after 10:00.

We picked up John (jroo99) off the 95S Broad Street exit and headed to MD.

Arrival time was 1:00. We donated our fish(C. cutteri, C. horei, T. moori red throat Lupota and Sulphur head peacocks) along with the Konings Malawi book (3rd edition)) and chatted with Pat, Sarah, Mike and several other of the CCA people who came to our auction(Dave , Kevin, et.al.) Julie of Frybabies and Bev of Amazon Basement, two of our sponsors, were also in attendance.
The food was unveiled and we proceeded to cafone down hot dogs, meatballs, chips. What a great spread.
Then came picture time with Ad. Bill will post these later today.
Ad then gave his excellent presentation on Malawi peacocks. I found the deep water species aspect of the talk very interesting. These are fish that we will most likely not see in the hobby for quite some time, if ever, since they live at depths of > 200 feet. It is not yet physically possible to collect these fish at these great depths and bring to the surface without causing expansion of the swim bladder thus injuring other vital organs.
I thought it would be fascinating if researchers could send a remote submersible to these depths and obtain footage of the species in their natural habitat. Similar to what is done in the ocean depths. Of course this takes time and $$$...enough said.
After his talk the raffles and auction took place. I did manage to win a ditty bag during the raffle.
There were quite a few rare fish. Sibwesa furcifers, a very rare boops, a shelldweller which I have never seen -Lamp. minutus. Unlike the ECC auction, Apistogramma went for big money.
I managed to pick up a pair of Cryptoheros panamensis, group of Astatotilapia callipterus and a very green group of Brochis splendens.

Then it was time to depart and head to Outback for a steak(me), lamb(Bill) and chicken(John) dinner.
After dropping John off, we arrived in Yardley at 1010. A well spent 12 hour day.

Thanks again to all of the CCA members and Ad for a great time. I would certainly do this again.

Last edited by AlishanAS; Today at 08:54 AM.

Sorry about the OutBack Julie. We will try to come down for Larry Johnson's talk. We'll take you out then.

Hey Pat - Bill's possie? I drove 6 hours!! LOL
progress.gif

mscichlid

Founder
Again, my shirt is undone! It was great to meet you, too!

Mike always looks like he's deep in thought. He's just trying to remember stuff. LOL!

maddog10

Members
I took some photos of a few of our members this month.

Pat (Pat Kelly)
pat-1.jpg

Lonny (lonlangione)
lonny-1.jpg

Paul (animicrazy)
paul-1.jpg

Wil (Cartel)
wil-1.jpg

George (GJR2)
george-1.jpg

D.Q. (UNCLERUCKUS) and a couple of his boys.
dq-1.jpg

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
One does wonder why you couldn't just stay behind your table where you belong, Mike:lol:.

George