• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Invertebrates by Msjinkzd OPEN HOUSE!

Are you coming to Invertebrates by Msjinkzd's open house?

• Total voters

emartin

Members
I couldn't make it. For some reason I thought the BBQ was at 11am or 12pm, not 2pm. I made all my purchases and bought the tanks I wanted by 10:45am, and I just couldn't see myself waiting around 3+ hours. I didn't have your phone number so I couldn't call to see if it would be okay to stop by early, and I didn't want to just show up anyway because that would've been rude LOL.

Oh well...next time I guess! I am heading back over to ThatPetPlace to pick up the second 75g I bought. I could only fit one at a time in the Honda Civic LOL!

~Ed

emartin

Members
Glad you got to get 2 of them Ed but sorry you couldn't find someone to help with the transport
Not a big deal really... The drive wasn't as bad as I thought and the store was pretty neat...such a HUGE selection of dry goods...! (the Malawi selection kind of sucked though... LOTS of hybrids... Most notably they had fish labeled as Champsochromis spilorhynchus but were OBVIOUS hybrids with Aristochromis christyi mixed in with them...)

Great deals on dry goods and I had a chat with the Hagen Company representatives about their new canister filter, and I asked them about if they have any idea why some new AquaClear filters are defective out of the box and how I in two cases had to return the filters (a ac70 and a ac110) up to 4 times EACH to get one that worked properly out of the box). The reps weren't aware, apologized for it, and said it must've been a bad batch or something. I told them that I ONLY had those problems with the ac70 and ac110, once with an ac50 but otherwise from ac50 down they work PERFECT out of the box.

Still my favorite power filter brand...

I'm heading up there tomorrow to pickup the second 75g.

I was actually first in line waiting outside the store to get in LOL. After 4 more people lined up 10 minutes later there was over 200 people waiting to go inside LOL.

iamzrad

Members
Sooooo gooood!
Shortly after this picture was taken, Rachel tried to feed me a tooth and an ear. lol

26047_534452715986_67500712_31572086_7549650_n.jpg

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I am so beat!

Thanks for the awesome CCA representation! I had a blast and it was awesome getting to share my fishroom with you guys!

bschuhart

Members
I am so beat!

Thanks for the awesome CCA representation! I had a blast and it was awesome getting to share my fishroom with you guys!

Thanks for your awesome hospitality, it was a blast. Nice fishroom...the only negative was I didn't win the raffle!

chris_todd

Members
I had a blast and it was awesome getting to share my fishroom with you guys!

And what an awesome fish room it has become! Those racks your hubby built are really great looking, and the whole setup was impressive. And I checked out your website, which is mighty swank as well. Congrats on the launch, I hope it is very successful. I know I'll be placing an order soon, those espei rasboras were really nice looking.

Thanks for your hospitality, we were sorry we couldn't come earlier in the day.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Rach,

Sounds like everyone had an awesome time. I was and still am, bummed I couldn't make it. The pig looked awesome. :)

I've still never been to That Fish Place.... I figure I'll give them a chance to restock a bit and hit them up in the next couple of months. If you're around, I'll be sure to drop by. I'll bring Yuengling. :)

chris_todd

Members
Hey Rach,

Sounds like everyone had an awesome time. I was and still am, bummed I couldn't make it. The pig looked awesome. :)

I've still never been to That Fish Place.... I figure I'll give them a chance to restock a bit and hit them up in the next couple of months. If you're around, I'll be sure to drop by. I'll bring Yuengling. :)

the aclc is having their meeting at tfp this Saturday. Tony Orso is speaking on Aussie fishes.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Hey Rach,

anytime! just holler! i can give you my cell if you will be in the general area

And what an awesome fish room it has become! Those racks your hubby built are really great looking, and the whole setup was impressive. And I checked out your website, which is mighty swank as well. Congrats on the launch, I hope it is very successful. I know I'll be placing an order soon, those espei rasboras were really nice looking.

Thanks for your hospitality, we were sorry we couldn't come earlier in the day.

thanks! It was nice to meet your kids :) The website still needs alot of work but its getting there. Somehow i just haven't had the time with all the party prep, lol. My husband did an AMAZING job! We raffled off on rack. It was very nice, 75g/55g double stand.

Def. had an awesome time. Thanks for hosting it Rachel!
You have a cool house, too!

Thanks! The house is very much a work in progress but we love to host (especially when the weather was better than it was on Saturday)

the aclc is having their meeting at tfp this Saturday. Tony Orso is speaking on Aussie fishes.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

This saturday I am having a birthday party for Clelia, she turns 6 this week!!!

lonlangione

Members
Hey Rach,

That Fish Place was restocking merchandise all day long. They have a 125,000 square foot warehouse behind the store where they keep their merchandise. They also run the mail order operation outta there. It was amazing to see people walking out with reef filters etc and awhile later the employee's were restocking those items.

Lonny