• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I had a Blast at the Meeting!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
This name stuff has always intrigued me. I use my name and my real initials. If I post I always put my name on it. At the meetings that same name is on my chest. On the forum it appears some of you are hiding or ashamed of your names. Are some of you in witness protection?

How about everyone puts their name (the real one) in their post or (even better) in their signature? It would help conect name, pretend names, and faces.

Just the musings of an old guy.

George

Cartel

Members
Wil (yes with one L) aka Cartel

The name thing has intrigued me too. I think the name tags with the SN and real name would help but not many people wear them I know I havent myself.

maddog10

Members
Actually, Pat did come up to me at my first meeting. Of course, I was really early and he could not hide himself in a crowd.

I usually wear a 'My Name Is ________' with my real and screen names on it. I just didn't put it on until the meeting was just getting ready to start.

For anyone who cares, I am usually sitting behind the auction table (I am the good looking one). :p

Julie

Members
I just introduced myself - and you recognized my username - several people did. Everyone was just a tad bit busy when I got there... the hardest thing for me is going to keep two names for each person - i've a hard enough time remembering one! lol
That's why several years ago I dropped the *Lampy* and reverted to my real name...

FryBabies... :p

er... oops.. Julie :D

I do get a big kick out of one of my close friends... she uses her real name, but many people come up to her in real life, and say... *No, what's your REAL name?*

Lively

Members
:) Yup, and Sonny D, Marge, Tracey, Francine, Maddog, danger_chicken, UnkleR, Pat, I think it was Kevin beside you - he had the catfish I got - there was another gentleman who I spoke with named Mike - he was telling my daughter about the apistos he had - blue ones. A couple of others that said hello - but either weren't wearing a nametag or I didn't see it. Oh! and Sarah with her great curly hair that I'm totally jealous of. How could I forget Sarah - she's the reason my daughter bidded on the shrimp! lol

I should say thanks, Sarah - she is getting a huge kick out of watching them in her tank.

I used both, I rarely use my real name on forums.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I might start putting my forum name on my name tag.

Oh, wait. lol

Some forums I use my name, some I use Finman57.
Depends on what kind of mood I am in when I register.

Lively

Members
Fixed my siggy with my real name :) I've been lively for 14 years, I can't imagine a different online name. i'll even go root up some photo of myself...

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i just put my picture by my username (which I have had for 10 years and is for ebay, forums, etc). I figure it will make me known :)

I can't wait until the next meeting. George, I hope I get to talk to you!

Lively

Members
i just put my picture by my username (which I have had for 10 years and is for ebay, forums, etc). I figure it will make me known :)

I don't think that's a problem (making yourself known)... lol

I did post my pic in my profile just now - I've always tried to keep my personal info offline. I used to be a sr. mod at a huge site - only a handful of people outside the other mods knew my real name - partly because I didn't want most of those crackpots knowing my real name!

George

Problem is some of the folks who think they know me will figure that's the last time you'll want to talk with me. I do agree that your avatar does the trick for you. :lol::lol:

George

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Well my name is Richard and I was invisible at the last meeting, but this time around in May I'll make sure to be visible.

Trust me Stacy, you can't miss me when you see me...I'm tall, tan and handsome;)

Sincerely,

Poncho Mendez

longstocking

Members
:) Yup, and Sonny D, Marge, Tracey, Francine, Maddog, danger_chicken, UnkleR, Pat, I think it was Kevin beside you - he had the catfish I got - there was another gentleman who I spoke with named Mike - he was telling my daughter about the apistos he had - blue ones. A couple of others that said hello - but either weren't wearing a nametag or I didn't see it. Oh! and Sarah with her great curly hair that I'm totally jealous of. How could I forget Sarah - she's the reason my daughter bidded on the shrimp! lol

I should say thanks, Sarah - she is getting a huge kick out of watching them in her tank.

I used both, I rarely use my real name on forums.

Your Welcome... I'm glad she is enojying them. I couldn't have asked for them to go to a better bidder ;):D:)

I've always done the same thing on every forum....

I'm boring ...

George

Hey Richard, I thought it was tall and tan and young and lovely. Now you might have the tall and tan but that's the end of it. If you had the whole package we could be even better friends:lol:! I hope your vacation has been fantastic.

George

Well my name is Richard and I was invisible at the last meeting, but this time around in May I'll make sure to be visible.

Trust me Stacy, you can't miss me when you see me...I'm tall, tan and handsome;)

Sincerely,

Poncho Mendez

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
It's official, got a sitter lined up for next month's meeting (Thanks Mom :) )

Can't wait to meet everyone, names Mike and I'll be the fat guy that talks like a hick. My original screen name here was swim lil fishy swim, but when the upgrade happened it got changed to my email or sumthin... haven't figured that out but not to worried about it. I've got several names that I use on different forums, none that I'm really partial to. Really lookin forward to finally gettin over there to hang out with my own kind (cichlidiots).