• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I had a Blast at the Meeting!

maddog10

Members
You forgot to pick up the proceeds from your auction. Remind me at the next meeting and we will get it to you. Sorry i didn't get around to meeting the new members, I was having a pretty hectic day (started early this morning).

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

F8LBITE

Members
Can you say SCORE!? Im very happy with my new pick ups! I brought lots of money cuz I knew I was supporting the club and getting fish that were on my wish list. Dr Loiselle was great and very informative. Thanks to Fishfreak James and everybody who made the meeting run so smooth.

Lively

Members
My daughter is tickled with her shrimp and I let her have one of the little plecos, too. Her friend is going to cycle the family tank and come with us next month to get some fish for herself!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I am glad you had a good time.
We strive to make it both entertaining and informative.
It must be working as we are still growing

I practiced very good purchasing restraint today. There were some awesome fish today that I helped bid up but knew I did not have the room in any tank I already had set up. I can not wait until the next meet.

I had a good time too.

Lively

Members
That cat I got was an impulse buy... I heard, "bad eye" and my hand shot up on its own accord... bypassed brain! Same reason I have an one-eyed hamster...

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
I practiced very good purchasing restraint today. There were some awesome fish today that I helped bid up but knew I did not have the room in any tank I already had set up. I can not wait until the next meet.

I had a good time too.

i lost control today... :eek:

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I enjoyed the meeting and came home with some awesome fish. I know a lot of other people did too. I would like to request pizza for future meetings. It is much easier to eat than the wings and I love Papa Johns. It seems like other people did too, because it all disappeared by the time the speaker started. I learned a lot from Dr. Loiselle and look forward to learning more from Mr. Konings next month. See you all there

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
You forgot to pick up the proceeds from your auction. Remind me at the next meeting and we will get it to you. Sorry i didn't get around to meeting the new members, I was having a pretty hectic day (started early this morning).

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Well who knew you could pick up your money at the next meeting? Sounds like a policy to me. Is that true Mike? I hear some folks got some nice Haps. I would like to hear how they do.

It was a great meeting. Paul was nothing short of terrific. Two of my favorite people weren't even there and they missed one of the best meetings of the year.

It was great in spite of the fact that, contrary to some people's opinions, pizza sucks. Wings and meatballs are both WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY BETTER. Weigh (way) (whatever) in people and make your feelings known.

George

maddog10

Members
Well who knew you could pick up your money at the next meeting? Sounds like a policy to me. Is that true Mike? I hear some folks got some nice Haps. I would like to hear how they do.

It was a great meeting. Paul was nothing short of terrific. Two of my favorite people weren't even there and they missed one of the best meetings of the year.

It was great in spite of the fact that, contrary to some people's opinions, pizza sucks. Wings and meatballs are both WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY BETTER. Weigh (way) (whatever) in people and make your feelings known.

George

Actually, the policy is the opposite. You are supposed to be there to get your money at the end of the auction or it becomes a donation to the club. Generally, if CCA members let us know you are not going to be there at the end, we can hold their money until the next meeting or better yet, send the money home with a friend. You have to make this arrangement before the auction starts.

Thanks for the donations George, they are greatly appreciated.

Pizza is going to be added into the rotation of foods we have. Wings are way to expensive to serve at every meeting. Meatballs are kind of messy (as are wings). Pizza is easy, call have it delivered and then throw out the empty boxes. We have talked about adding hot dogs into the mix, but not as a meal by themselves. They would probably be served with the meatballs.

I suggested peanut butter and jelly, members supply their own bread. :eek: It got shot down, I don't know why. :lol:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Thanx James for everything!!!

Good to hear that Lively and CmcPart and everyone else had a goodtime@!!!!!

I'm sorry I had to miss the meeting, but just to hear everyone had a great time is awesome.

RM

Lively

Members
I had to leave because I was taking my daughter's friend home - I would have stayed longer if I could have. To be honest - I forgot about the money *blush* I think maddog was being nice since it was my first time - I asked him to donate it. The girls sprung wooden legs and stuffed pizza in them! I figure it will help cover that :)

Oh, my daughter was using her own money at the auction she made sure she had $20 left to bring with her - it was so funny. After she bought the tank she got worried she couldn't afford the shrimp she really wanted and started pestering me for some of mine - I laughed at her and told her, "No way." It was an awesome learning experience for her.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks guys.

On the food front,
The least expensive way so far is with the Meatballs. Takes me longer but less money.
The most expensive is the wings. Gotten way too expensive with the size of the club. I think last year, I bought around $200 - $225 worth of wings for the **** Au talk and they were gone before he started talking.

But it is one I will keep in a rotation for once in a while.

The Pizza was more expensive then I thought it would be but yes. That was the easiest. I did not have to bring it.....yeah......:jumpy:

My plan next month is to bring 3 racks. Two with meatballs (thats 4 pans) and one rack with hotdogs. Same rolls so it makes it easy.
I understand Wendy is making a large veggie tray so that will be of great help also. Thank you Wendy.
(Wendy has been bringing food for a while now. Albrecht has been bringing some soda and few other items have been showing up from a few members. This is great, Takes some of the pressure off of me and the club.
Well Mostly Me. lol)

I am still hoping to set up a refreshment committee. I do have a person that has offered to head it. I just need to set it up. The refreshment committee would bring everything. It is a lot of work for Tracey and I but if it was split between 4 or 5 members then it would not be that bad. If I would have had to bring the main dish this month someting would not have made it. lol Either the boxes of fish or our speaker. We were crammed in there pretty good.

But more on this later.

For now basking in the afterglow of another great meeting.