• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I had a Blast at the Meeting!

Lively

Members
I love the MixMaster! Very cool and I agree with the no camera rule... I hate having my pic taken - you got my back, twice... oh so glad.

My 8 year old would like to come, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much since she would pester me the entire time. I think she would behave - but she would get bored quickly.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
sounds like a great meeting all around yesterday. glad to have met you stacey sorry i was in such a rush. looks like some nice fish got picked up too! congrats on all who got lucky!

dogofwar

CCA Members
If there was a coffee can that said, "Voluntary Donations" next to the food, I'd drop a buck or two (and whatever change is in my pocket) in each meeting :)

It's a great part of the meeting and club!

Thanks guys.

On the food front,
The least expensive way so far is with the Meatballs. Takes me longer but less money.
The most expensive is the wings. Gotten way too expensive with the size of the club. I think last year, I bought around $200 - $225 worth of wings for the **** Au talk and they were gone before he started talking.

But it is one I will keep in a rotation for once in a while.

The Pizza was more expensive then I thought it would be but yes. That was the easiest. I did not have to bring it.....yeah......:jumpy:

My plan next month is to bring 3 racks. Two with meatballs (thats 4 pans) and one rack with hotdogs. Same rolls so it makes it easy.
I understand Wendy is making a large veggie tray so that will be of great help also. Thank you Wendy.
(Wendy has been bringing food for a while now. Albrecht has been bringing some soda and few other items have been showing up from a few members. This is great, Takes some of the pressure off of me and the club.
Well Mostly Me. lol)

I am still hoping to set up a refreshment committee. I do have a person that has offered to head it. I just need to set it up. The refreshment committee would bring everything. It is a lot of work for Tracey and I but if it was split between 4 or 5 members then it would not be that bad. If I would have had to bring the main dish this month someting would not have made it. lol Either the boxes of fish or our speaker. We were crammed in there pretty good.

But more on this later.

For now basking in the afterglow of another great meeting.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Man, I am so bummed to have missed this! It sounds like it was an outstanding time! Does anyonen keep "minutes" from the meeting or do an outline on the talk so I know what I missed?

See you allin May with my rugrats!

Julie

Members
Man, I am so bummed to have missed this! It sounds like it was an outstanding time! Does anyonen keep "minutes" from the meeting or do an outline on the talk so I know what I missed?

I know how you feel. I'll be there in May, too! But not bringing my kids... :p

I could bring a dog or two for the auction, tho!! :eek:

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I suspect you may not know me but I missed you. Your kids are some of the best and you add a certain diversity to the meeting that some of us old farts enjoy more than you might imagine. Please be there in May.

George

I had a great time, and finally putting some more names to screen names. I was having fun untill my little one banged her head on the floor then I had to leave.
I will say the speaker was great and I hope the next speaker for May is awesome too. See you'll next month.

Lively

Members
Hey Pat - we need to do an "introduce yourself" part of the meeting... real and screen names... or a club album (member access only maybe) showing faces and names/screen names. I honestly do hate my pic being taken - but I'd do it for something like a club face directory... lol

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I suspect you may not know me but I missed you. Your kids are some of the best and you add a certain diversity to the meeting that some of us old farts enjoy more than you might imagine. Please be there in May.

George

I plan on it! My kids were so bummed when we realized it fell on easter weekend. I traveled to Indiana to visit with my mother and her husband. We won't miss May! :D Thanks for the kind words!

mscichlid

Founder
Yeah new members should be introduced before the raffle starts. It would also help if each member would introduce themselves to someone they never saw before or someone you've seen and never formally met.

One thing that is a blast to any new person walking in a room of a lot of people is to have someone come up to them and say welcome. Give them a brief rundown of what is happening. It makes anyone feel so much better.

You could offer your hand and say: "Hi my name is --------! Welcome to the best club in the entire world!" :party0007:

Spine

Members
As usual I had a blast at this months meeting. It was interesting hearing Dr. Loiselle talk I learned lots of new things. I was able to get fish that he talked about in the auction(Yeah).
I meet a couple new people this month, that's always nice. It seems like the only bad thing about a CCA meeting is they end!!! Once again I would like to thank Dr. Loiselle for coming and see you all at the next meeting.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I did announce people in Feb or March but again forgot this month.
I usually put it in my notes but never had time to write any
notes this month. I will next month. Unless a certain baby shows up on a meeting weekend.

Lively

Members
I just introduced myself - and you recognized my username - several people did. Everyone was just a tad bit busy when I got there... the hardest thing for me is going to keep two names for each person - i've a hard enough time remembering one! lol

F8LBITE

Members
I just introduced myself - and you recognized my username - several people did. Everyone was just a tad bit busy when I got there... the hardest thing for me is going to keep two names for each person - i've a hard enough time remembering one! lol

Hey I was chattin with you!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I try to talk to everyone if I can. Just so busy at the meetings. I plan on getting a clone to handle the problems and to get everything ready so I can have fun.

LOL
Sometimes I make myself laugh. Not often though.:lol: