• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Have You Registered for AquaMania?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Hey CCA:

AquaMania 3 is only a month away. Have you registered yet?

I know many of you have not, as we only have a very few confirmed registrations as of today. I know, many have plans on attending just never remember to actually log in and register. Please do, as this is the only way we can plan on the number of folks attending.

Also, please get the word out about our event. Post it to Facebook, instagram, or whatever social media outlets you may use. It is important that we get the word out.

Register at the event website:

http://capitalcichlids.org/aquamania/

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Don't forget about hotel rooms as well. The Hilton has given us a great rate this year, only $95 a night. The group rate is only available up until about a week before the event, then the rooms go for sale to the general public.

I know last year it was possible to book a room through a third party website for a few bucks cheaper a night. Please book through the hotel site if at all possible. For those who have never worked through a convention with a hotel, there are incentives for the group (CCA) to get rooms booked in the hotel. In our case, there is a sliding scale of how much it costs to rent the hotel for the weekend. The scale ranges from thousands of dollars to FREE if we book enough rooms. If you are going to stay in the hotel, please consider this and book your room so that the CCA gets credit for it.

Jon

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm registered...

Please folks - you know you're coming. Spend the 30 seconds to register now :)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Wasn't directed at you specifically, Becca.

There's always a huge jump in registrations at the last minute and a surprising number of folks who actually register at the event.

We've had huge numbers of folks both register for the whole event and the Marketplace. The sooner that folks register the better...

Matt

Keep in mind it's not about time for most of us, it's about where the funds are and when.

Becca

Members
Wasn't directed at you specifically, Becca.

There's always a huge jump in registrations at the last minute and a surprising number of folks who actually register at the event.

We've had huge numbers of folks both register for the whole event and the Marketplace. The sooner that folks register the better...

Matt

I know - and it's not quite my reasoning either (more to do with not spending more fish money this week - not everyone in the house is quite as eager to go for broke on fish as I am). I'm just thinking that for members who do have tight budgets, it'd be nice to not equate them with slackers, you know?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Nor did I equate them with slackers... :rolleyes:

People should register early if they can. It helps the club and the people trying to pull this thing together. That's all, you know?

Matt

I'm just thinking that for members who do have tight budgets, it'd be nice to not equate them with slackers, you know?

lkelly

Members
Registered and having the "dad's going away for the weekend" talk with my fish. The black Calvus isn't taking it well and one of the plecos went to sulk in a cave.

jmessineo1

Members
With AquaMania unfortunetly I will only be able to make it sunday to the marketplace. I'm trying to find out what time it starts? I am seeing a 10am start time and a noon start time so I'm a bit confused. Also if I'd like to attend the sunday morning speaker before the marketplace do I need to get a full weekend registration?