• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free Fish Offer

Spine

Members
Thanks Mike,
As Pat mentioned before this thread set a page record and got more people involved in the forum. Some of us received fish or something we could use in our tanks that was great.

This idea was a great ice breaker, as a result I learned a lot and talked to more people at the meetings, because we had something in common from a forum(this is good for shy people like myself).

My opinion is CCA just keeps getting better!! For the small amount you pay for membership what you get back from members like Mike is priceless.

Thanks again,

Spine

Members
Ok.... I never pictured you as shy ?????

Not liking large crowds.... but shy??? Not our Kevin !!![/b]
Lol,
Sarah you are to sharp I can't sneak anything by you. Maybe thats why you knows it's possible that I might not be shy.

I first meet you from posting on the forum and then speaking to you at meetings.

My point was it's hard to just walk up to someone at a meeting that you don't know. It's easier to keep a conversation going already knowing something you have in common.

maddog10

Members
Thanks Mike,
As Pat mentioned before this thread set a page record and got more people involved in the forum. Some of us received fish or something we could use in our tanks that was great.

This idea was a great ice breaker, as a result I learned a lot and talked to more people at the meetings, because we had something in common from a forum(this is good for shy people like myself).

My opinion is CCA just keeps getting better!! For the small amount you pay for membership what you get back from members like Mike is priceless.

Thanks again,[/b]

Thank You! I am at a loss for words.........almost!

When I decided to do this, it was for the EXACT reason Kevin mentioned. I wanted to make it easier (and rewarding) to use the Forum and generate discussions with the other members. The Forum has us all talking at the meetings and we all have a place to ask questions on fish keeping (and everything else). I actually am a shy person, I know its hard to believe, and the Forum let me talk to people before I actually met them at the meetings. I hope that everyone continues to use the Forum in the future. I think we have proved how useful a tool it can be, just another benefit of being a member of the CCA.

DeeCee

Members
Yep Mikey - You done GOOD! :love0030: :love0030: :love0030: :party0006:

Now, if I could only get more rocks............... :wacko:

Alright, I'll go along with the flow and say that I'm shy too. I think ALL fish people must be a little introverted at least. I STILL don't know who half you people are, so you'd better get over the shyness & introduce yourself to me at the next meeting! Or else! :smashfreakB:

DC

marge618

CCA member
Ummm :blush: It is sometimes hard to match members with their forum handle. Any way to provide pics of people with their forum id??? or does everyone like the incognito approach?

maddog10

Members
Yep Mikey - You done GOOD! :love0030: :love0030: :love0030: :party0006:

Now, if I could only get more rocks............... :wacko:

Alright, I'll go along with the flow and say that I'm shy too. I think ALL fish people must be a little introverted at least. I STILL don't know who half you people are, so you'd better get over the shyness & introduce yourself to me at the next meeting! Or else! :smashfreakB:

DC[/b]

Introverted? -- I said I was shy, not college edumacated! :tongue0015:

maddog10

Members
Ummm :blush: It is sometimes hard to match members with their forum handle. Any way to provide pics of people with their forum id??? or does everyone like the incognito approach?[/b]

If you post a picture of yourself, you might end up dancing with a friend wearing a grass skirt!

kaj41354

Members
<div class='quotemain'>Ummm :blush: It is sometimes hard to match members with their forum handle. Any way to provide pics of people with their forum id??? or does everyone like the incognito approach?[/b]

If you post a picture of yourself, you might end up dancing with a friend wearing a grass skirt!
[/b][/quote]

ROTFLMAO - I don't think I could ever picture anyone other than Bobby and Pat doing the hula - that image is just imbedded forever....But, I a sure with a little coaxing (and pictures) I could create some very interesting videos.......hmmmmm :angel2:

maddog10

Members
Final results are in!
I still owe fish to the following people:

Francine (3) assorted fry (pike food)
Sarah (4) Julidochromis dickfeldi
Bobby (1) Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda" male
Daniel (2) Julidochromis dickfeldi
Donna (1) Wall stone
Amanda (1) Cynotilapia afra (Puulu) female
Tim Nurse (1) ?
Richard (1) Aulonocara stuartgranti (Chilumba) female
Robert Peterson (1) Aulonocara jacobfreibergi (Undu Reef) male
Bob Bock (1) ?
Kevin (1) Thorichthys maculipinnis
Marge (2) Wall stone & heater
Charlie (3) Heater

If your name is on the list, please let me know what type of fish you are keeping and I will see if I can come up with something you like. Fish, stone, 25w heater

When I am finally caught up, total freebies given away will be - 36 (not counting my posts)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Very nice.

Mike, I know I have said this many times already, but thank you for what you have accomplished with this. I hope it did not cost you too much.

Thank you all for making this work.

Remember that it ended last night.

DeeCee

Members
Final results are in!

Francine (3) assorted fry (pike food)
Sarah (4) Julidochromis dickfeldi
Bobby (1) Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda" male
Daniel (2) Julidochromis dickfeldi
Donna (1) ?
Amanda (1) Cynotilapia afra (Puulu) female
Tim Nurse (1) ?
Richard (1) Aulonocara stuartgranti (Chilumba) female
Robert Peterson (1) Aulonocara jacobfreibergi (Undu Reef) male
Bob Bock (1) ?
Kevin (1) Thorichthys maculipinnis
Marge (2) ?
Charlie (3) ?

If your name is on the list, please let me know what type of fish you are keeping and I will see if I can come up with something you like. Fish, stone, 25w heater

When I am finally caught up, total freebies given away will be - 36 (not counting my posts)[/b]

I believe you already paid me in rocks, Mikey. However, if you wanna get rid of more rocks, I DEFINITELY have some tanks that need them!
heh heh heh....... :FIREdevil:

DC

maddog10

Members
<div class='quotemain'>Final results are in!

Francine (3) assorted fry (pike food)[/b]

Is that 3 fry or three bags of fry?
[/b][/quote]

Technically it should be 3 fry but I was going to bring a bag of about 6 for you :wub:

maddog10

Members
Donna,

You actually made it to 200 posts. What type of stone do you want, flat wall stone or round river rock?

maddog10

Members
Who is or isn't going to be at the January meeting, so I know what I have to catch and load up next Saturday.