• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feb Meeting Of The Capital Cichlid Association

Julie

Members
I knew there was a reason why the lighting in my fishroom wasn't the brightest around... it was so I could take better pictures!! Of course I have to work on that *clean glass* bit... *sigh*

Mike, very good talk, well worth the trip down there, I learned alot! I especially liked those side by pictures that demonstrated a number of points you were making.

As Bev suggested earlier, a great idea for some workshops at a future date!

As usual, the people at CCA made me feel welcome! It's always nice to talk fish face to face rather than online! I'm just sorry we ran out of time, I didn't get a chance to talk to every one that I wanted to!

Cichlidiot

Members
It appears it was a great time and go figure, I missed it. I have to work every other saturday and yup, you guessed it. Yesterday was that day. Hopefully the next one will fall on my off day.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wow, lost of posts on here while I slept.

Yes a few stats. I don't like to publish some of them in the public section but what the heck. They get to see what they are missing that way. And why we ARE
A Growing Force in the Cichlid Hobby!

Yes, I counted 93 adults the 2 times I tried to count. Little hard sometimes to get a head count. I usually like to do it during the talk.
Plus the mulitple kids in the room.

I count 9 new members plus the renewals.

I can't remember if it was 140 or 160 items in the "mini" auction.

I will get the renewal names from Richard so that I can see where we stand on numbers there. Still a lot that have not renewed.

I mentioned to a bunch of people during the meeting that I can not believe how its taking off. The club was like 12 or 14 people when Tracey and I joined. It was already over a year old. The meetings were at peoples houses and we just talked about what we wanted the club to be. I know Francine, George, Ron and a few others had dreams. But I sometimes wonder if those dreams were like this. Wow.

I also like to thank people and know I will forget some and make them mad at me. Sorry in advance.

Mike I already got you. You now need a bigger hat size.

Wendy thank you for the Ambrosia salad.

Rachel thank you and the girls for brining in multiple bags of chips and a lot of bottles of soda.

Thank you to who ever brought the brownies and cupcakes. Did not see them until it was too late.....lol

Thank you, Francine, Frank, Paul, Richard, and Marge, thank you for running for the positions.

Thank you, Lonny, Kurt and Matt, thank you auctioneering. That was a lot of stuff. Actually a little too much. lol

Thank you, Rachels girls for helping out.

Thank you, all of the runners.

Thank you Li. You know, I have promoted this club at every chance over the years. But when Li started pushing it on his forums is one of the big reasons we started taking flight. Thank you Li for all that you do for this club behind the scenes.

Thank you Francine for the Biotope. More on that elsewhere.

Thank you John, Sarah, Marge, Richard, Tracey, Mike, andFrancine for working behind the tables to keep things running while I smooze the people. lol

Okay, Like I said, I am sorry, I know I missed people. Probably someone big........ I will add later. lol

Lets keep it growing.

maddog10

Members
Me get a big head, never happen (well maybe just for a little while).

Mr. Hill has to get some 'people', so you can contact them. :D

I forgot about those cupcakes, they were GREAT! I had one, went back to get another one and brought Sarah one because she asked if they were good. Then I had to go back and get Francine one. Had to go back again to grab one for John.

The workshop is something we will definitely talk about. It is hard to cram a lot of useful information into an hour long presentation. I had all my equipment out because I wanted to demonstrate some of it, but didn't have the time. The CCA has plenty of great photographers and a workshop gets everyone involved.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The meatballs seemed to be a hit. They may become the main staple at the meetings if we keep doing food. Less than 1/2 the cost of the wings and I don't have to worry about picking them up. Getting bad when we spend $150.00 just on wings for a meeitng. That money could be going to new programs and such. And the larger we get the bigger that number. Something for me to think about. We will see.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
See I knew I would forget some.

Albrecht for brining some sodas.

Lets try to get the runners
Frank, Bob, Mike, "the girls", Claude, Jim, I thinkg there were more.

Unbelievable meeting. I think there were about about fifteen members at the first meeting I attended back in '05. Congrats go to Pat and his fellow BOD team for bringing the club to where it is today.

And Mike, fantastic talk. Wish you had more time to show off your equipment. The workshop has to be scheduled next year instead of just a speaker. Maybe get a few of the club's photographer's to speak for about an hour, take a break for the auction (smaller auction limited to a minimum of items) and then the folks that are interested, can participate in the photography workshop.

Btw, having all the kids helping and being there also makes for a true "family" interest in the hobby.

SUPER MEETING!:D

longstocking

Members
Thanks to everyone that is part of the CCA for making the meeting what it was !!

And a special thanks to Mikey for a very simple to understand photography presentation :)

A big thanks to the Shrimp lady !!! Yellow shrimp and snowball shrimp are all doing great!

Thank you Bob for all the plants :)

See you all next month !

mscichlid

Founder
Sarah, you're turning into quite the 'shrimp lady' yourself! LOL! Sell shrimp then buy shrimp.

On a more serious note, Frank is going to have to bring more daphnia...

mscichlid

Founder
There was a big meeting in out meeting room this morning.I ended up having to vacuum and do the trash. I must admit the room was a mess. I think the next time if we have a butt load of trash we should empty the cans.

A few pics from Saturday... MH

meeting-1810.jpg

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
great meeting saturday pat! great presentation as well maddog very informative!;) i think my wife understands im not alone now and that there is a contagious bug in this hobby too!:D she saw alot and i got bombed with questions. it was nice to meet sonny, francine, pat, mike,richard and a few others whose name has slipped me. please forgive me that was alot of folks and fish hahaha:D. thanks for the warm welcome.:)