• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feb Meeting Of The Capital Cichlid Association

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well the meeting is today.

The meatballs are heating, the ballots are printed. The boxes are packed but the truck is not. Yet

I hope to have a bunch of you newbies there so I can meet you and hopefully have you join the club today.

Membership is what drives this club. Coming together on here is fun, but getting together to talk fish, meet new people, buy and sell fish, and learn something is where it's at for me. At times I get down in the dumps and you don't see me for a day or so on here. I get PO'ed at something and wonder where the club is going. Then I only answer the threads that I really have too. I can be like a little kid when I don't get my way and I know that. But then I come to a meeting. I see everyone, make a fool of myself trying to pronounce names, talk to new people, have a blast, and I get rejuvenated. Once again I am all about the club.

Basically for me its the meetings that are the most fun so I hope to see you there.
I will be the funny looking guy in the red shirt at the front of the room making a fool of myself. lol

maddog10

Members
WOW!

Thanks everyone for showing up today! I was only kidding when I said I wanted to talk to a packed house. Hope I didn't scare anyone away. Man that was some auction, we may have to find ways of limiting the amount of items.

I mentioned after my talk was over, that I had a handout with the definitions, some pointers and the web addresses to the forums I frequent. If you did not get a copy, and would like one, send me a PM with your email and I can send it to you as a MS Word document.

If there were things you wished were in the talk please feel free to PM me. This was the first time for this presentation and I consider it a work in progress. I would like your feedback (good or bad). I gave myself and the talk a B- , there were a few things I forgot to mention (need to use notes) and a few things that got taken out because of time concerns.

Thanks again for coming out! Almost 100 people!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Excellent job, Mike! I learned a lot.

I think that there were well over 100, if little people are included. Amazing turn out.

Think we have enough stuff for a BIG auction?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thank you Mike. Excellent job.
We stopped to eat on the way home and just got in about 10 ago. Long day.
More on the meeting from me tomorrow.
Must empty truck and relax.

rsretep

Members
yes mike great job...and thanks to all who showed up

another amazing event...MAN what an auction...

and also thanks to all "behind the scenes members" who make this the best cichlid club in the world GO CCA

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I had an outstanding time. Thanks especially to Mike for helping my daughters be runners. They went to bed gushing about fish club! :D It made for an awesome day for all of us that they were included. I got alot out of your talk and would love a copy of the file. I will pm my addy. The auction was outstanding. Thanks for all the hard work powers that be!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
A good time was had by all. A- if you muist have a grade Mike. You might have had a hitch here and there but it moved and you were interesting. You connected well with your audience. Terrific talk for a first shot.

And what an audience. I tried to count and gave up. Since we take attendance now maybe someone can give us a count. Do we flunk if we miss too many meetings?

I hope other people liked the meatballs as much as this piggy. Super!

Hey Francine, wasn't this club once 6 people?

George

kaj41354

Members
I concur completely - Mike great presentation and if anybody missed it - tell them wehere you will be next!!! And those two lovely assitants we had as auction runners were great - they were pronouncing the fish names better than ---Well lets just say that we needed them...Great meeting lots of great folks...See everybody soon!

maddog10

Members
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Pat counted 93 (not counting the kids). My favorite part of the day was helping Rachel's daughters. They made being an auction runner fun (and tiring, I think I am getting old :cool:). They were so happy to help. One came up to me and said "Mr. Mike, is your break over, so we can sell more fish". Future CCA board members!

I will be in Lancaster on the 21st of April, giving a very similar talk.

I need to thank Francine, who volunteered to take my place at the auction table so that I could be 'just a speaker' today. Thanks!

Last edited:

mscichlid

Founder
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thanks Mike for a great talk. You did good!

It was heartwarming to see you work with Rachel's little girls. The auction sheets were an experience. I now see what you have to go through. I must thank Sarah for helping me out...whew!

Oh George! To see a club start with just 6 cichlid fanatics to what we experienced today is magnificent!

Thanks to everyone...Lancaster , Monsterfish, friends of members and most especially the CCA members who came out. Hi marks for those who hung around to help clean up.

I'm worn out. I just finished putting away the fish I bought.

lonlangione

Members
I have always been frustrated that I could never get a good picture of my fish. Now I know that it wasn't all me, I should have kicked in another $200.00 and bought a different camera. The thing I liked best about your program Mike is you spoke in terms that novice photographers could understand.
Some people say wow when I tell them I am from York PA and they say you come all the way down here. Well we come all the way down there because of the people. This club has something that some other clubs just can't seem to get, group cohesiveness.
See you all next month.

Lonny

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Great talk Mike! Please don't let it get to your head that your were the sole reason why 93 people came.

To my dearest Rachel, we all know that Mike was bribing all your girls cookies in order for them to be working the auction. LOL!

Congratulations to the CCA and Pat for hitting 93 in attendance. Amazing!!!

I spoke to a lot of new members and they were telling me that it's only going to get bigger. They are all so excited with the club and that makes me happy!

Thanx for the birthday Cigar George! And thanx to DavidG for the bottle of whiskey too. Thanx Matt for your offer of free fish and Thanx to Livingswaters(Gerard) for the filter. Let me Congratulate Marge, Franny,and Frank Cowherd for becoming CCA Board Members. You guys deserve it.

Thank you Julie for your wonderful fish and thank you first lady Tracy Kelley for handing over your Membership file to me and Marge. LOL!

Thanx to Patrick and his girlfriend and Ashley and j her friend who I cannot rember her name right now, but was making me laugh through out the meeting.

Thanx to all the new Members and all the members that decided on renewing. Wow! I can't believe how big we're getting. Thank you to Li and Pat and Franny and of course our VP Mike for all that they do.

Thanx or Sarah and Kevin as well as Cristy for all your help and assistance in the club. I think next time we might need wings and meatballs to keep everyone full. ;):D

Regards,

Richard

Subby.png