• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cca Cichlid & Catfish Show

mscichlid

Founder
Marge could you check and see if there is a fee and any other info like size restrictions and if it can be full color.

Thanks hon! :happy0144: :happy0065:

marge618

CCA member
Marge could you check and see if there is a fee and any other info like size restrictions and if it can be full color.

Thanks hon! :happy0144: :happy0065:[/b]

Yes, I will be glad to check on this. I have already called and left a request for information on restrictions for placing such an ad.
Marge

marge618

CCA member
Thanks, I find this group very friendly and willing to share fish-information. Do you know if we have an AquaFest 2007 announcement placed on the Cichlidforum.org. Does it, or could it give us a response from the 'crowd' on that site?

Marge

D

daniel4832

When can the show fish be placed in the show tanks? The Event Schedule seems to say fish can be "benched' between 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Friday night while the show rules say they can't be "benched" until Saturday between 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Makes a big difference in what I bring, don't want to miss the morning talks.
If I wanted to change some pre-registered fish how do I go about it, no responce from show chairwoman. I'm still trying to find out if I have use of one of the 20 highs.
Thanks,
Daniel

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Should be able to bench on Friday evening. The person who wrote the schedule is not the same person that wrote the rules. Missed that one. I hope by 6 that everything will be set up and running. We will see. The room will be crowded Saturday morning so yes, you can put in on Friday after 6. Gives us more of a chance to stay ahead of everyone. Keeps people spread out. Francine will tell you where you can put them when you get there based on tank size and classes. She is working on it but nothing will be final until everything is set up and we can see if it will work. Plus we are still getting entries that need to be figured in.

As far as changing, that you will have to discuss with her when you get there. Changes are bound to happen when you are registering fish in advance.

As far as the 20, I replied to you previously that one of the two 20's I had was yours. Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Of course I walk into the fishroom to catch my show fish and the temp is up to 82 in there. Not good.

Then I catch my fish for the show and find two of them with a spot of something on them. (4letter word inserted here.)

Oh well, go with 6 fish instead of 8

Charlutz

Members
Good luck all. I have family in this weekend and will miss the show. :sad0017: Bring home lots of awards. I may drop in to the auction Sunday for a bit. Looking forward to hearing all the stories. Take lots of pics please.

maddog10

Members
WHEW!!

I would like to thank everyone who came out and made our first show a success! We started off slow but the registrations picked up at the end. Enough so, that I was starting to wonder if we had enough tanks. Special thanks to those who helped with the set-up and tear down of the tanks and racks. We had a couple of small hiccups, but no major problems. For me this was quite an eye opener, there is a good amount of hectic work (and worrying) followed by long periods of boredom (relief).

Keep an eye and ear out for CCA's next big event!

Thanks again everyone! Pat was right yet again, we ARE a growing force in the cichlid community!

(Time for some sleep)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I just got home. Whew

I too want to thank everyone for the work. I will take more time later to thank you guys.

Now need to empty the truck and put fish away.

maddog10

Members
From left to right: George Richter, Richard Mendez, Mike Kaiser, Frank Cowherd and Pat Kelly
This is early in the set-up during the only break I allowed them to take :happy0180:
(see how they are still smiling)
af2007-1.jpg

Here is Pat laying down on the job!
af2007-2.jpg

Since no one believes me ---- here is a picture of George working!
af2007-3.jpg

Thanks so much guys, you actually made this FUN!!

animicrazy

Members
well...what can I say; mere words seem so insignificant at these great moments in life.

To all the people that did all the hard work: tank you - no, wait - its the fish I need to tank - THANK you all.

To D.H. - See You In Ohio!!!

Paul.

note for the future: if you buy fish at an auction - no matter how cheap - they still need a place to go (with water).

marge618

CCA member
Good Night All! The AquaFest 2007 event was a lot of fun! I learned alot and got some great fish and plants.

Marge