• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cca Cichlid & Catfish Show

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I agree Bobby

Daniel, yes there will be more classes. Not sure what Francine has yet. I assume more like OCA

D

daniel4832

Pat,
Let me know, I will do whateven needs to done to get lots of fish entered. (Accept the classes that I'm showing fish in :FIREdevil: )
Thanks,
Daniel

Spine

Members
Whats going on with the fish show? I need as much advanced notice time as possible to make sure I can get off work.

I would like to helpout does anyone know the Who,What,Where ect.. yet

maddog10

Members
I started giving gentle "nudges" today.

Best I can give now is we will need help setting up the racks and tanks Friday (probably late morning/early afternoon). Racks and tanks will be taken down Saturday night. May also need some help with pick up and return of the racks and tanks to where they are kept in Virginia. Will need people to man the registration table and any CCA information table we set-up (may just do it at the registration table). I am sure help will be needed at the auction, but someone else is handling that.

I will try to keep things updated as best I can.

Spine

Members
I started giving gentle "nudges" today.

Best I can give now is we will need help setting up the racks and tanks Friday (probably late morning/early afternoon). Racks and tanks will be taken down Saturday night. May also need some help with pick up and return of the racks and tanks to where they are kept in Virginia. Will need people to man the registration table and any CCA information table we set-up (may just do it at the registration table). I am sure help will be needed at the auction, but someone else is handling that.

I will try to keep things updated as best I can.[/b]
Mike.
Since nothing has been decided yet can we start volunteering based on your outline?
I know I can do Saturday night. Put me down for help with the rack return

Website is being worked on as I am typing this reply. Need to compile information and make sure that all of the speakers are confirmed.[/b]

Two months till showtime, and get this message..."Comming Soon"

We should at least post the dates and location on the site. What do you think?

maddog10

Members
OK, we can get into the show room Friday the 19th at 3:00pm for set-up. We will be assembling the racks and getting the tanks ready. Who can make it?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Me :happy0180: :happy0180:

Oh, wait, I thought you said the bar opens at 3.

:character0272: Just kidding. I will be there.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
http://www.aquafest2007.org/</span></span></a>
:character0272: :character0181: :character0305: :happy0158: :jumping0045: :jumpy: :party0003: :party0018: :party0007:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You have to go through the registration section to find. After name and address. Then submit and you get to the section with shopping cart.

Need to find a way to display first.

see if I can paste it here.

Convention Package
Includes Registration fee, Saturday Lunch Buffet, Saturday Banquet, and Sunday Lunch Pizza Fest
Price: $50.00

A La Carte Registration (items already included in Convention Package)

Convention Registration
Your admission to speaker seminars, fish show, and convention activities.
Price: $10.00
Banquet
Lasagna dinner. Features Fish Show Awards, and a special presentation by Ray "Kingfish" Lucas!
Price: $18.00

Saturday Lunch Buffet
Deli express: Roast beef, ham, tuna salad, cheeses, assorted breads, relish tray, cookies, beverage
Price: $12.00

Sunday Lunch Pizza Fest
Includes pizza and soft drinks. This provides a fast lunch during Auction
Price: $10.00

D

daniel4832

Shouldn't there be an advantage to buying the combo package and not have it cost the same as a la carte? Don't we want to give a reason to buy the whole thing rather then just bits and pieces? It is not logical? Where is the Vulcan smiles? :confused0054:
Thanks,
Daniel

maddog10

Members
Not necessarily. We have the price as cheap as possible for EVERYONE. The sole purpose of the A La Carte pricing is to allow people who know that they are not going to be around for a meal to eliminate that from the total price. It is very logical, we chose not to cheat anyone!

D

daniel4832

Not necessarily. We have the price as cheap as possible for EVERYONE. The sole purpose of the A La Carte pricing is to allow people who know that they are not going to be around for a meal to eliminate that from the total price. It is very logical, we chose not to cheat anyone![/b]

WHAT :confused0054: ! It's not "cheating" anyone, it's rewarding those who participate in everything, if anyone who is being "cheated" it's the person who buys the whole package.
You pay extra in a restaurant to choose what you want from "the cart" (that where the term "A La Carte" comes from) rather then the priced fixed meal that the chef has choosen which is always less expensive.
Your logic is flawed! Where the heck is that Vulcan smile. :happy0007:
Daniel

longstocking

Members
I understand both points :)

But... I agree with Daniel. Business wise it's not smart.

But.. If people really want to come and have fun it won't matter.

marge618

CCA member
Hello! I suggest that we advertise the AquaFest 2007 in the free Baltimore newspaper 'The Examiner'. (There is a large ad for the Mid-Atlantic Reptile show in the Pet Directory of the classifieds on page 54 of the Friday Sept 14 Examiner. An ad like that would reach alot of fish people.)

There are many people who are new to the hobby and are not yet aware of fish events. Also, many people have kept fish for years and it has never crossed their minds that such events exist.

While we're at it let's advertise the CCA monthly meetings in the Examiner as well.

Marge
fishorangeswimming.gif