• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD 7 Marketplace Vendors - Who is coming? What's for sale?

MHMoro

CCA Members
Few wild caught species from Peru, including large peruvian altums, A. cacatuoides, adonis pleco (L155) among others.20567

zendog

Lucy and I will have a bunch of juvies - P. Kribensis "Bipimbi", Pelvichromis Sacramonits (the GIANT Krib!, lol), Wallaceochromis Humilis, maybe some cories if I catch them out and maybe a trio of blue Gularis (Fundulopanchax sjoestedti "Funge" ADK - 11-432). We'll also have a bunch of used gear including some Aquaclears, heaters, etc. And I expect to bring some of these cute seedling Venus Fly Traps as well.

I could also bring some Least Killifish or Pygmy Sunfish (Elassoma okefenokee) if anyone is interested, but let me know or else I probably won't bring them.

IMG_20190214_125952906.jpg

zendog

OOOOh fly traps! I might have to try now that I've got my CP stuff more or less on track.
They are quite addicting. I just got a few cute little hybrid Nepenthes. We're thinking of putting together a dart frog habit to put them in with ferns, etc.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Hi,
Is that a pair of the Guianacara and are they the ones with a bit of red/orange on the head area? Also, any idea if that Whiptail is a male?

It’s only one Guianacara. There were four(3males) and now it’s one. I have no idea how to tell the sex of the whiptail cat.

zendog

The pygmy sunfish definitely sound interesting!
They are really amazing and very attractive little fish and I highly recommend them, but they really only seem to eat live food so anyone keeping them needs to have grindals or daphnia or other small critters going. Besides that, they are very easy to care for. I have 6 juveniles in an unfiltered 2.5 gallon tank with a clump of java moss and another half dozen in a plastic tub. A lot like keeping killies. And when the little males start dancing, it is quite cute.

genome

Members
On my table, I will have the following:

1. Protomelas taeniolatus (Red Empress)Adult Males 5+ inch colored (about 12)
  2. Aulonocara Albino peacock Males 5+ inch colored- (at least 2)
  3. Placidochromis electra (Deep water haps) Males 5+ inch colored- (about 10)
  4. Cyrtocara moorii (Dolphin)3-5 inch - (about 10)
  5. Aulonocara German Red - Male 5+ inch colored- (only 1)
  6. Sulphur Head peacock Males 5+ inch colored- (about 8)
  7. Other Assorted peacocks- Males 5+ inch colored- (about 5)
  8. Cryptoheros Sp (HRP Rio Danli)- Pairs and Single Males
  9. Yellow labs 3-5 inches - (a whole lot) priced by inch. A 5 inch yellow lab is 5 dollars and a 3 inch yellow lab is 3 dollars. Let me know if you need a group and I can bag them separately.
  10. I also have 4 huge (8-9 inches) fully colored male Fossorochromis rostratus. Unfortunately I cannot being it along, but msg me if you are interested.

young nick

CCA Members
They are really amazing and very attractive little fish and I highly recommend them, but they really only seem to eat live food so anyone keeping them needs to have grindals or daphnia or other small critters going. Besides that, they are very easy to care for. I have 6 juveniles in an unfiltered 2.5 gallon tank with a clump of java moss and another half dozen in a plastic tub. A lot like keeping killies. And when the little males start dancing, it is quite cute.

I'm curious about these guys. How do they interact when adults? I've heard that a dominant male can be rather aggressive, but if adults can coexist, I'd be potentially interested in nabbing some.

zendog

Their aggression is actually quite tame. They chase a little bit, but mostly they just display and "dance" in front of each other. As I mentioned, I have 6 juvies in a 2.5 gallon (so 0.25 gallons per fish) and the males are colored up and basically mature if not full grown and there hasn't been any harm/injury that I've ever noticed. Since they are tiny, I expect the size of the territories they might need would be tiny as well.

I'll have a bag or 2 of them at the table based on interest. But just remember they require live food. Besides the grindals, daphnia and white worms I mentioned before, they also love baby brine shrimp and would probably eat adult brine shrimp as well if you had it. Due to their size, etc. they really should be in a species tank or possibly with some least killies.