• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD 7 Marketplace Vendors - Who is coming? What's for sale?

chriscoli

Administrator
Also, just a reminder to everyone. Pre-orders are great, it helps buyers plan and it helps you sell more stuff, but people must come into the marketplace to pick up their stuff. No parking lot pickups, please.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I'll be sharing a table on Sunday. We will have:
Super red bushynose
Anubias
Dragon stone
River rock
Amazonas magazines
Air pumps
And probably other things I am not thinking of at the moment.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I don't take pre-orders. I do the "first come, first served" thing on Sunday morning.

Well due to the remodel over the last few years I don't have much.
Mostly the same things as before.

Auloncara ruby red Colored males
Auloncara chilumba Colored males
Auloncara maleri Colored males
Auloncara albino eureka red Colored males
Protomelas taeniolatus red empress Colored Males
Protomelas hertae - fry – small 1” or so

I also will have some items left from the remodel
Some used brass air valves
Some never used plastic air valves.
Some water valves from jehmco ( I had ordered the wrong ones the first time)

Possibly a few more items. I have them boxed up already and I am at work.

lock jaw

CCA Members
Will there be other vendors at the marketplace besides what is on the forum as pre-orders? I would like to see items before buying.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Most people do not post up what they are bringing in.
you will see 20% at most on here. Probably a lot less than that.
If this year is like past years there will be tons of stuff.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Will there be other vendors at the marketplace besides what is on the forum as pre-orders? I would like to see items before buying.
The 7 weekend long vendors will all still be present, and last I knew we had over 30 other tables sold, with room for a few more. I've always been impressed with the quantity and quality of what was available, I think I've bought at least a few things every year. There generally isn't much of a preview, but I've seen people walking out with bags or boxes full of stuff they bought.

lock jaw

CCA Members
Wow only 20% on here? Thats cool. This is my first time to BFD. So the Market place opens at 10 am on Sunday and when is the Auction? Do people sell Friday and Saturday too?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Some of the vendors aren't necessarily on the forum, or they might not have a specific list until they put it together.

The auction is saturday night, anticipated start time of 8:30 PM.

There are 7 commercial vendors that will be selling friday and saturday too, fish, food, plants, hardscape, dry good, etc. At least some of them should be listed on the BFD site.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I'm hoping GWAPA has a table. I'm in dire need of fresh driftwood. And, one can never have enough plants that aren't really suited to your particular aquarium parameters--but you buy them just to try out, hoping something works.

And corydoras. I can never have too many of those.

#budgetblown!

Blaise

chriscoli

Administrator
Wow only 20% on here? Thats cool. This is my first time to BFD. So the Market place opens at 10 am on Sunday and when is the Auction? Do people sell Friday and Saturday too?

Also, marketplace opens at 10:30....you can get in line starting around 10. :D And there WILL be a line.

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm hoping GWAPA has a table. I'm in dire need of fresh driftwood. And, one can never have enough plants that aren't really suited to your particular aquarium parameters--but you buy them just to try out, hoping something works.

And corydoras. I can never have too many of those.

#budgetblown!

Blaise

Yes, GWAPA will have their usual table. Plus there are a few other GWAPA people that are having their own tables too.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The line is where folks wait for the doors to open. Marketplace sellers need time to get set up and ready to go before the rush of people get in to start buying.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Certainly
But then again, later may be better deals for some sellers. If they don't want to take things home.
Depends on the seller.

Also depends on how many fish a seller has. One of the types of fish I am selling, I will only have 3.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The room will not be out of stuff. That's for sure.
Some things yes, but there will be a bunch of stuff there.
3 years ago I sold all 72 fish in the first 3 hours.
Last year I took like 5 fish home. Never know.