• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Batfish Needs Your Help

AquaStudent

Members
Please let us know if you still need help later this week. I'm back in NoVA until Thursday for spring break and I'd much rather be doing fish stuff than studying.

Best of luck and careful of stumps. They come out of nowhere.

frankoq

Members
Most tanks set on their racks.
When I left, Josh was setting up airlines, sump for salt water tanks, and about to start filling up tanks.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, that was fun.
disassembling stands to get them into the basement and then putting them back together. LOL

I could only do a couple of hours but had fun while it lasted.

JLW

CCA Members
Well, I officially have internet back at the new place. I'll be a few days catching up with everything.

I just want to say thank you to CCA. You guys are amazing, and I simply could not have done it without the incredible amount of help from you all. At one point, I had five or six people at the new place helping unload the truck, and while it was stuck on a stump... there were at least a dozen more people out at the warehouse breaking down things, packing, and getting stuff ready. Some of the people who pitched in were essentially or literally strangers to me, and still were glad to lend a hand, which is just incredible.

Everything is essentially set back up at this point; I'd like to give everything a week or so to calm and settle down before I start selling again. Other than the Pacu and a tank of Rummynose Tetras, pretty much everything made it well. One of the big air pumps apparently took some dings, and is INCREDIBLY noisy now, but such is life. I'll have to redesign some stands to fit in the shorter space, and I'll probably redo the air system overall.

Seriously, though, CCA -- thank you so much for the help. I can't really begin to tell you how grateful I am.

If you did stop by and pitched in, could you do me one more last favour, and just send me a PM with your name? In the overwhelming attempt to move everything, I think I've lost track of a few people! :)

JLW

CCA Members
Pacu did not make it. :(

Overall, the losses in the move were really quite small. The Rummynose Tetras crashed, the Pacu, and a large catfish were the only real significant losses. A few other fish here or there -- but, nothing huge. For that number of tanks, overcrowded and with little water for the better part of two days, everything did really well. :)

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad to see that the oscars survived. It looked to me that they had to survive in just a few inches of water.