• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Batfish Needs Your Help

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Folks,

A couple of people have mentioned that I seemed a little "stressed" at Aqua Mania. I can now reveal what made me come this:angry3:close to popping my lid.

As many of you know, Batfish has had some various location problems. About We moved into this space after a gas leak, problems with the HVAC system, and water problems drove us out of our original location above the auto repair shop. We were very fortunate to be able to amicably break the lease at that location, and move into our current location, and were very fortunate to negotiate a great rate, about 20% below the "going" rate. Unfortunately, in the intervening year, the "going" rate has gone up, and there are no longer any vacancies in the plaza.

On Saturday, while rushing to get the pizza party ready, the postman delivered a letter from my commercial landlord indicating that they had an offer for the next available space that is roughly 50% higher than my current rent. :confused0068:. We were told that the only way our lease would be renewed is if we matched it. Our lease terminates at the end of April.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been scrambling to find a new commercial facility, and was fortunate enough to find a mixed use property. We are able to begin moving into the new location this weekend, and have reached an agreement with the current landlord to terminate the lease amicably a month early.

However, Batfish is kind of a one-man show, and I desperately could use some help at any point on Saturday or Sunday to help move tanks, racks, etc. They're full of fish, too, to make things more interesting.

If you'd be willing to stop by Saturday or Sunday and pitch in, please send me a PM or an e-mail! As most of you know, the current location is at 12846-B New Hampshire Avenue, in the Meadowood Shopping Centre (about 1 mile from the CCA meeting). Our new location is in Burtonsville, MD, near 198 and Kruhm road.

Thanks everyone!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Good luck! I'd help but I dont think a 12 year old would be much help moving around heavy equiptment an tanks :D

JasonC

Members
Sorry to hear about your rent problems, but glad you found a new place... Know exactly where you are going too! right around the corner from where i grew up... nice place!

I'll be working all weekend, but early next week if you need help finishing up, I should have some daytime hours... and may have access to a truck if needed... just let me know.

Hello Joshua,

Do you have tentative times that you would like to start on Saturday and/or Sunday? Or, are you waiting to see the availability of help? I can definitely help you pack/load whatever early on of the two days either this weekend or next. Depending on the hour (the earlier the better for me), I may even be able to help unload, but I can't commit to that at this time.

Jeff721

Members
Do you need vehicles, or just strong hands and backs?
Don't think my Jeep can move a lot, but i can.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Josh - Need to see ow things are going with Maria, but will swing by if I can.

Hannibal

Members
How early do you want to start on Saturday? I can come down and lend a hand in the morning until sometime in the early afternoon.

JLW

CCA Members
Thanks everyone for the offers of help! I really appreciate it. Right now, I have a Uhaul reservation, and expect to get there with it by about 10 AM. I've got to drain tanks, break down some racks, etc., which should take about 2-3 hours, and expect to start loading by about noon. That should take the bulk of the day, and then unloading and re-setting up. So, really, any time after 10 until at least 4 PM would be ideal to help load!

Thanks again everyone!

I will let Josh respond "officially" but great progress is being made clearing out the NH Ave location. I would imagine he may need help setting things up at Burtonsville Road.