• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Available for sale for May meeting

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I give credit for people bringing me pest snails :)

I can bring you some for sure. I will write it down

toddnbecka

Members
I give credit for people bringing me pest snails :)

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind the next time I want to cull several hundred ramshorns from my 30L BN breeding tank. I've shipped out more than 12 oz of them several times, too many of the buggers to go First Class Mail.

BenM3

Members
Rachel,

If you get this in time, can you please bump my cardinal order to 12 from 10. Thanks...bigger the fish, the better. :)

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
The ramshorns lasted all of 5 minutes, lol. My JD ate them as fast as he eats his pellets! He thanks you for the snack. I'm thinking of trying a Japanese Trapdoor Pond Snail. They are huge and love algae. Might give my JD a tougher time.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
haha, I figured that is what would happen. Trapdoors are super shy and like cooler water, I doubt that they would do well with him either :(

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I only thought of trapdoors because one used to live with my turtle. It cleaned up pretty well until it became turtle food : ( I liked that snail too.

I decided to give mystery snails a try. I bought three but only put one in with the JD. The other two are in a different tank. So far so good. The JD checked out the snail for a minute and decided it wasn't interesting. The snail has been cruising around un-harassed all day. My JD's usual behavior is to eat it now or stalk it, terrorize it, and kill it. He doesn't seem at all interested in this huge snail.

Nerites in with Africans?

A bit off-topic, but...
Will the nerites be OK or will they become snacks? In the tank are Ps. Williamsi, Msobos, Yellow Labs, White tail Acei, and an odd hybrid (Labeotropheus of some sort) who is big, but doesn't bother anybody.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have never kept africans to be able to tell you. I know a lot of people try them together, but i have not gotten much definitive feedback.