• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania Give a Kid a Tank Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogofwar

CCA Members
A key goal of AquaMania 2013 is to expose new participants to aquarium-keeping, to give them the support that they need to be successful and to inspire them to become lifelong aquarists. This starts with kids and families!

In support of this goal, AquaMania is holding a contest to award up to 15 fish tank set-ups to children between the ages of 7 and 14.

Why would you like to have a fish tank?

Answer this question and kids ages 7-14 (with parental or guardian permission) be eligible to win one of up to fifteen 10g aquarium set-ups at CCAs AquaMania event!

The rules are simple:

Children between ages 7 and 14 will submit their answer to the question, Why would I like to have an aquarium? in the media of their choice (e.g. written essays, pictures, collages, mixed media, YouTube videoswhatever) to the address (or email address) below to be received no later than Saturday, February 23rd.

Participants need to include their response as well as:
Permission from parent or guardian and acknowledgement that youll be able to attend if you win (March 9 and 10 at the Hilton in Gaithersburg, MD)
Your contact information (phone number and email address)
Please mail to: Aquamania, 1056 Pipestem Pl, Potomac, MD 20854 or email digital entries to: Aquamania2013@yahoo.com

Judges will select the top responses (based on age, responsiveness to the question, creativity and thoughtfulness) and notify winning participants by Saturday, March 2nd. All judgments are final and CCA holds all rights to submitted entries. Some will be displayed at the AquaMania event and future CCA venues!

Winning participants will be invited to attend AquaMania to receive a brief class on aquariums, receive and set-up their aquariums at noon on Saturday, March 9, 2013 at the Hilton in Gaithersburg. Winning participants not in attendance at this time will forfeit their prize.

Winning participants will receive all supplies (10g aquarium, filter, heater, cover and light, decorations, water treatment, plants, even fish) needed to set up their tanks and instruction on how to set-up and maintain them.

The tanks will be on display in the lobby of the Hilton until ~3 PM on Sunday, Mar 10, 2013 at which time they can be removed and transported home (after draining some water). CCA staff will be able to assist in draining and preparation for transport. Participants who do not claim their prize at this time will forfeit.

All participants in the contest who attend AquaMania will be eligible to enter a raffle to win additional aquarium set-ups and other prizes, learn about aquarium-keeping and enjoy other fun activities for kids. All children who attend will receive a prize!

To support this event and future events like this, please give to the PVAS Foundation, a 501c(4) not-for-profit foundation: www.pvas.com/donations.php

Questions? Please email Aquamania2013@yahoo.com

dogofwar

CCA Members
I dropped some flyers off at AquariumOne and Congressional Aquarium....and a few kid-related businesses in those shopping centers.

To my surprise and delight, Congressional posted it on their door...so that everyone walking in or out will see it!

PM me your email address and I can send you the PPT flyer... print a few and hand them out to kid-related businesses in your area. I'll bring a stack to the Jan 19 meeting as well.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Club members with kids are eligible to participate in this...so please enter!

I'm also proud to say that KidsCo, which runs before and after school programs in Montgomery County, Maryland with locations in Rockville, Olney, Bethesda, Germantown, Gaithersburg, Damascus, Clarksburg, Montgomery Village, and Silver Spring, is promoting the AquaMania Give a Kid a Tank Contest to its kids (and their parents)...

http://www.kidscoonline.com/

Matt

Leffler817

CCA Members
I started telling my students. I'm not sure how many would make the 1.5 hour trek.

It says, "the winning tanks be set up while on display until 3pm". Does that mean the participants need to come back or attend both days to get their tank?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - they'd need to come back

I started telling my students. I'm not sure how many would make the 1.5 hour trek.

It says, "the winning tanks be set up while on display until 3pm". Does that mean the participants need to come back or attend both days to get their tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.