• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

141x29x31 inch 360x75x80 work in progress

aislinn

Members
I did put both parts of the rock wall in the epoxy and added some collor on it,i did the collor in dark grey.
I did try not to give it a smooth color.
I'm going to put everything one more time in the epxoy.
I have the largest piece backwall glued in the tank, I did this with the liquid pond liner,i did this already for a part in the other fish tank
It goes on this way, fine.
Iam also working on the lights, i made a list on the ceiling where some hanging lights are comming and two kinds of spots, same as the
ones i'm using to light the room. And for all the lights i use the led variants.
The list on the ceiling i make of the same material i used for finishing the aquarium.

a.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

a.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

aislinn

Members
The two rock walls are glued into the aquarium.
The lighting is now ready, I still need to replace certain lamps to LED lamps.
The aluminum cap lamps I have taken over from a guy, the rest of the spots I had at home lighting the house. I
have replaced the bar where everything is assembled and it is made ??of scrap pieces I had left over from the aquarium.
I do not have all the lights I have mounted directly needed in the aquarium, but I've also installed lights to the room where
the whole is able to illuminate.
I cut the lights standart but is of course a lamp / fitting, if needed the number of lamps in the caps i can
extend through a round piece of plywood in the hood to fit it in with several holes for other lamps / fittings.
If I estimate the hoods offer space for around 10 LED spots E27 fitting, at the moment I have enough light.
I must say that this is difficult to say without water in the tank.
This week I'm going to make some rocks for the bottom.
Thursday the glass will be delivered.
I'm still watching how the filtered water in the aquarium must flow, I am still not sure how I'm going to do that. I would obviously not use such a tube in the aquarium where the water is sprayed, but something like I've done my existing aquarium Malawi.
This will ensure good circulation to get into the aquarium.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Amazing project. Great job with the tank, background and lighting.

How did you cut the foam so nicely? One of those foam cutters with the heated wire?

Also, what did you say was going into the tank? Tangs?

Keep the updates rolling, my friend. :happy0180:

aislinn

Members
Amazing project. Great job with the tank, background and lighting.

How did you cut the foam so nicely? One of those foam cutters with the heated wire?

Also, what did you say was going into the tank? Tangs?

Keep the updates rolling, my friend. :happy0180:

i used a cheap hobbyknife to cut the foam. And later i went overit with a heater very lightly.
In this aquarium i want to keep malawi cichlids and in my other aquarium central american cichlids.

aislinn

Members
What do you use to make the stones?

In the fake stone there is a real stone inside.
The stones are placed on a piece of Styrofoam, then I have everything sprayed with polyurethane foam
After drying, I used an old saw to make the shape.
Than 2 thick layers of tile adhesive, after drying the epoxy with a color additive.

aislinn

Members
I ordered the glass and received it on time, the company gave a number of days for delivery and said between which time they were coming.
And indeed the glass was at home at the time they said..
I find this quite exceptional, the driver also explained that this year it had not happened that one is not within the agreed time delivered, this shows also how involved people there where to meet the agreed standards.
[URL]http://www.kikmachinale.nl/ramencalculatie/alleramen.php [/ url]
I have the last 300 days ordered a lot online, and sometimes had to wait long for deliveries.
This company is a positive exception here, I think it's also handy that you get immediately online price and expected delivery date.
We put the aquarium on its side so we could bond the glass flat on the construction.
I brought in a considerable number of troops to help turn the window to be fitted.
And I can not say too much man for this purpose, it was still an entire operation to the window to install.
tsss I myself am of course not in the picture itself.

ldw0i.jpg

2e1h91e.jpg

9sc604.jpg

m73pc4.jpg

Spine

Members
Wow...After seeing this tank it looks like I'm gonna have to change the plans I had for my fish room:D

aislinn

Members
We have the tank back in its position , I have this done with 6 people again, the tank was now much heavier and more intractable than before.
But fortunately everything went well.
It was difficult to get the aquarium again exactly in good position.

241nn7k.jpg

x6fsd4.jpg

14wsnsx.jpg

11j96hi.jpg

rrrst4.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Very impressive craftsmanship and attention to detail. Everything looks so nice!

I especially like the rock segments you did in the Malawi tank. Great job. :)

aislinn

Members
Yesterday for the first time i had water in the tank.
I have also done the sand in the aquarium.
I rinse the sand in the aquarium it self last time I've have also done this.
I had no problems, except that certain pieces of the back have become too light, I have a little variety applied in the color it is now something different than I thought.
Now this is not a big problem and I do not know if I'm going to do something about it.
Besides, I am not finished with the finishing of the whole so there is quite a lot to do.
It's always nice to know everything is ok if u want to do the last things.
I hope that in 14 days this new tank will run along with the existing filter system.

iqelhd.jpg

20iz1py.jpg

2zfstw9.jpg

xres4.jpg

mai6hf.jpg

hwcxl2.jpg

69lrpe.jpg

z92t2.jpg