• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

141x29x31 inch 360x75x80 work in progress

aislinn

Members
Very cool. Where are you from?

Iam from the Netherlands.
44 years young,i have a girlfriend where iam living with for 20 years now.
We have a daughter from 4 years old.

My hobbys are aquariums
...playing computer games for example World of Warcraft and other mmo games.

aislinn

Members
I started making the aquarium waterproof.
And now is the time to make some decisions about the lights and decor.
And about what to do with the background: keep it open and use seperate stones i can make myself; make a complete background or make partly a background with open pieces or a piece.
I saw some nice examples i could try to make. There will be mostly utaka's swimming in it and the rock walls i saw looked like what you could see in their natural habitat.
I don't know what you think of it or have any suggestions, if you do i'm interested to hear about that!

The inside where the window is comming in the epoxy
b.jpg
first time with the liquid pond liner
a.jpg
blue just as in my previous aquarium
c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

aislinn

Members
I started making a rock background, i make 1 big part and a smaller, lower part. Upside the lower part you will see still blue. I'm also making some seperate rocks, a bit smaller than planned. For the background i use tempex, i use 2 layers of it, 1 layer i cut of the pieces and the other to glue them on.
I don't want to make everything to tick, but still get a lot of depth.
When i put the tileglue on the tempex i finish it of with epoxy with some pigment in it.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg