• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who's going to ACA 2010 in Milwaukee?

longstocking

Members
lol yup... very weird sitting down with hubby and her for breakfast lol... but on the same note... very cool to be able to.

German... I mean REAL German... very cool woman!

Back to the ACA.... book your rooms !!!! ;)

AMEN! I know what you mean about pizza. Since I moved to Milwaukee I have had to explain to my fiance that real pizza is cut in slices not little squares. But you can't complain about the cheese.
Andy

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
AMEN! I know what you mean about pizza. Since I moved to Milwaukee I have had to explain to my fiance that real pizza is cut in slices not little squares. But you can't complain about the cheese.
Andy
Now Andy, you are just showing your ignorance. Nobody knows pizza like Chicago and they do squares. Slices are New York where we KNOW they don't know pizza. DC area isn't much better.

And you are right - I have cheese-head relatives and you cannot beat it.

George

fischfan13

Banned
Now Andy, you are just showing your ignorance. Nobody knows pizza like Chicago and they do squares. Slices are New York where we KNOW they don't know pizza. DC area isn't much better.

And you are right - I have cheese-head relatives and you cannot beat it.

George

George, you said you might not make next Saturdays meeting...riiiiiiiight???
The Midwest is to pizza like South America is to hockey.

George

George, you said you might not make next Saturdays meeting...riiiiiiiight???
The Midwest is to pizza like South America is to hockey.

Talk about ignorance. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. Ever hear of Gino's Pizza in Chicago? Aside from Uno's, probably the original home of deep dish pizza which, sorry to say, is served in slices. The manager's daughter used to babysit for my kids while the wife and I went to Rush street to dine at Gino's, home of the best pizza this side of Italy.

I didn't know they played hockey in South America. You are really up on things Bill.

fischfan13

Banned
Talk about ignorance. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. Ever hear of Gino's Pizza in Chicago? Aside from Uno's, probably the original home of deep dish pizza which, sorry to say, is served in slices. The manager's daughter used to babysit for my kids while the wife and I went to Rush street to dine at Gino's, home of the best pizza this side of Italy.

I didn't know they played hockey in South America. You are really up on things Bill.

Not ignorant George, just factual.
In Italy there is no such thing as "deep dish" pizza.
I've heard of Gino's, been to Gino's...you do not want to hear my 2 cents worth of eating an inch of dough with processed cheese.

Here's a little help:
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/food/pizza-history.asp

Now THIS is pizza:
20080724-lr-johns.jpg

George

OK, you are half right. My sister-inlaw has made what would be the closest thing to pizza in Italy and it is just flat bread with not much on it. I'm sorry you didn't like Gino's. You must hate Uno's.

The cheese may seem processed to you but I assure it is not. I have the recipe.

The nice thing about Chicago is that I can find you NY pizza there as well as three different kinds of other pizzas including the Yuppie California crap. Can you do that in NY much less NJ?

One thing I do know, when you are REALLY hungry they are all good, and none of them are very good for you. You can tell by the taste.

George

Not ignorant George, just factual.
In Italy there is no such thing as "deep dish" pizza.
I've heard of Gino's, been to Gino's...you do not want to hear my 2 cents worth of eating an inch of dough with processed cheese.

Here's a little help:
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/food/pizza-history.asp

Now THIS is pizza:

fischfan13

Banned
OK, you are half right. My sister-inlaw has made what would be the closest thing to pizza in Italy and it is just flat bread with not much on it. I'm sorry you didn't like Gino's. You must hate Uno's.

The cheese may seem processed to you but I assure it is not. I have the recipe.

The nice thing about Chicago is that I can find you NY pizza there as well as three different kinds of other pizzas including the Yuppie California crap. Can you do that in NY much less NJ?

One thing I do know, when you are REALLY hungry they are all good, and none of them are very good for you. You can tell by the taste.

George

George whenever you get the chance to come up to The City I will take you out for two different pizzas and I will even take you out for pastry...Italian Pastry.

Now if you want to talk about Calzones, deep fried Calzones...;)

fischfan13

Banned
OK, so I am afraid to fly.:wacko: Haven't flown in 15 years.
I checked the drive...it's definitely not like driving thru the mountains of New England.:eek:
If I drive I will look for someone to share the drive with..it would be easier if they were from NJ or Pa.
Now I am waiting the word on a potential house/dog sitter for a Summer Vacation to Disney.
It might happen...:sign0111:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
OK, so I am afraid to fly.:wacko: Haven't flown in 15 years.
I checked the drive...it's definitely not like driving thru the mountains of New England.:eek:
If I drive I will look for someone to share the drive with..it would be easier if they were from NJ or Pa.
Now I am waiting the word on a potential house/dog sitter for a Summer Vacation to Disney.
It might happen...:sign0111:

PM Sent

emartin

Members
Bill almost died when I told him the best Lasagna I have ever had was in two different restaurants in Seoul, South Korea... :lol: Italian food is very big over there!

Best Mexican food I have ever had was in New Jersey...NOT in Mexico (state of Quintana Roo specifically)... Go figure...

AS much as I'd like to go, there's no way I can attend the ACA convention... Just too far (14-15hours...) and no money...

ACA 2011???

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Is anyone that's going willing to pick up a couple of 2-3" fish for me and either bring them back or ship them from the convention? I'll be happy to pay.

PM me if you can. Thanks.